First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I for one am NOT a big fan of chrome, so today I did a little project to remove some on my Civic Sport Hatchback. I wanted to remove the chrome H's on the center caps, and on the rear hatch it has a chrome "CIVIC" and "SPORT". I had 2 ideas either make them opposite colors so the black wheels would get a red "H" and the rear badges would be black to accent. Then I got a second idea to make them blend and be different because I like being different. Well, i went with the blend idea, I made the H's black like the wheels and the rear badges red like the car.

First: What're your opinions on what I did? tell me what you think!
Second: tell me are you a fan of chrome? or not a fan of chrome?
Third, if you have done any chrome add or remove projects share it with pics I would love to see what you've done!

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions DSC_4799 Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions DSC_4803 Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions DSC_4800 Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions DSC_4804 Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions DSC_4802 Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions DSC_4806

Last edited:

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I for one am NOT a big fan of chrome, so today I did a little project to remove some on my Civic Sport Hatchback. I wanted to remove the chrome H's on the center caps, and on the rear hatch it has a chrome "CIVIC" and "SPORT". I had 2 ideas either make them opposite colors so the black wheels would get a red "H" and the rear badges would be black to accent. Then I got a second idea to make them blend and be different because I like being different. Well, i went with the blend idea, I made the H's black like the wheels and the rear badges red like the car.

First: What're your opinions on what I did? tell me what you think!
Second: tell me are you a fan of chrome? or not a fan of chrome?
Third, if you have done any chrome add or remove projects share it with pics I would love to see what you've done!

DSC_4799.jpg DSC_4803.jpg DSC_4800.jpg DSC_4804.jpg DSC_4802.jpg DSC_4806.jpg
I think the black H and red badges look pretty good! I would go a step farther and order black lug nuts though so the entire wheel is black.

Personally, I like chrome depending on the color it's matched with. I'm not one to go all out with chrome though because I want it to be a small accent color on the car. Too much chrome is bad and no chrome can be bad too, IMO.

I won't hate on someone's de-chroming project though! I think your car is heading in a good direction!

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the black H and red badges look pretty good! I would go a step farther and order black lug nuts though so the entire wheel is black.

Personally, I like chrome depending on the color it's matched with. I'm not one to go all out with chrome though because I want it to be a small accent color on the car. Too much chrome is bad and no chrome can be bad too, IMO.

I won't hate on someone's de-chroming project though! I think your car is heading in a good direction!
Thanks! My plan was to get some red lugs eventually but now i will keep black in mind, i ordered some Type R badges for the front and rear H so there will still be a small amount of chrome on the car.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I really don't like the tacky chrome frippery the Asian stylists are so in love with lately. When first pics of the hatchback emerged, the thing that immediately struck me, aside from the ugly overdone front and rear jowls, was how much better the car looked with the front chrome piece blacked out. Boo chrome!

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really don't like the tacky chrome frippery the Asian stylists are so in love with lately. When first pics of the hatchback emerged, the thing that immediately struck me, aside from the ugly overdone front and rear jowls, was how much better the car looked with the front chrome piece blacked out. Boo chrome!
When they first released the 2016 Civic I worked at Honda and as soon as I saw the first one off of the truck my first thought was omg why did they make the chrome on the grille so huge!

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I actually really love the grille, just not a huge fan of the chrome window trim. Have to black mine out at some point.

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually really love the grille, just not a huge fan of the chrome window trim. Have to black mine out at some point.
I got the sport which I was lucky to already have black window trim!

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
I like the wheels better without the chrome emblem, but when the emblem is black, it makes the chrome lug nuts stand out all the more. If they were not chrome, it would be perfect. I'd want rid of the chrome H and the nuts, or leave both stock. Just the H and leaving the stock lugs seems half way to me.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
I hate chrome, I might leave the Civic badge but I'll probably remove the Sport. I'm glad the sport has black trim/black grill.

Hmoobgreen

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
Now u make we wanna do my wheel caps Deep sea blue just to see how they look with my aegean blue civic

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the wheels were fine to begin with. If you don't like their look, you'd probably be better off with different wheels than trying to change the color of the stock ones. Not a fan of the red lettering on the back, especially if the "H" is still chrome. I think a glossy black might be good for Civic, Sport, and H on the back.

I'm kinda salty about the fact that the sport hatch gets black window trim and the Si doesn't.

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the wheels better without the chrome emblem, but when the emblem is black, it makes the chrome lug nuts stand out all the more. If they were not chrome, it would be perfect. I'd want rid of the chrome H and the nuts, or leave both stock. Just the H and leaving the stock lugs seems half way to me.
I have a plan to replace my lugs as well just havent got there yet

Now u make we wanna do my wheel caps Deep sea blue just to see how they look with my aegean blue civic
If you do it I want to see it!

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like chrome. I have added more chrome trim pieces to the front of my coupe. I agree that alot depends on the color of the car. I think that the black and chrome look good together, and it accents the car vs. the car all being one color.

Before
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions 20170415_152031

After
Honda Civic 10th gen Do you like chrome? Opinions IMG_2109.1