.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Had the car about 4 months now and told myself I’d wait until I need tires before buying new wheels. I just never see me using these wheels again once I remove them as I don’t like their size, 20” tire selection or anything really.

Seems silly to store them for 4-5 years assuming I ever sell the car. If I do sell I could just buy a set since there is no shortage of people getting rid of them. Has everyone else who got aftermarket wheels sold their stock ones?
Sponsored

Acurately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G Acura TL, 1G Acura MDX
Country flag
I was thinking about selling them, then I thought I'll just keep them if I sell the car, now I'm thinking of wrapping them with some 255/35 and having cold weather set or dedicated summer set.

sushi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R
I’m not a fan. I would sell my set that hang in the garage but like others have said, the car will be worth more with the original set when I sell it.

OP
OP
.grimace

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m not a fan. I would sell my set that hang in the garage but like others have said, the car will be worth more with the original set when I sell it.
My thought is if or when I do sell it, if I just buy someone’s OEM set and put them on will anyone ever know or care they aren’t the original ones?

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I actually like the look and don’t plan to sell. Only downside is that they are terrible for daily driving on imperfect roads. I’m currently running ‘18s for my winter/snow setup and the ride is just so much more forgiving. That being said, I have a set of 18x9.5 wheels on order.

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
Had the car about 4 months now and told myself I’d wait until I need tires before buying new wheels. I just never see me using these wheels again once I remove them as I don’t like their size, 20” tire selection or anything really.

Seems silly to store them for 4-5 years assuming I ever sell the car. If I do sell I could just buy a set since there is no shortage of people getting rid of them. Has everyone else who got aftermarket wheels sold their stock ones?

I don’t care for them, and I’ve been wrestling with the same dilemma. I will say that, right now, it’s no problem to pick up another set of OEM wheels, but that might not be the case 4-5 years from now. The car is new and a bunch of people are selling their wheels right now, but if Honda changes the design for 2019, that supply of 17-18 wheels will probably start to dry up.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I don't know, as a middle aged dude, all the red striping is a bit too much. I like the look personally.

cloudyy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, 320i, S2000
Country flag
I like them but would have preferred if they were 18 or 19

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I like them but would have preferred if they were 18 or 19
Yup, same. I'm still mulling getting the 19" NSX Y-spoke forged wheels and calling it good. But I can't convince myself of the expense just yet and supply's hard to come by. I'd keep the stockers as secondary track wheels, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
.grimace

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t care for them, and I’ve been wrestling with the same dilemma. I will say that, right now, it’s no problem to pick up another set of OEM wheels, but that might not be the case 4-5 years from now. The car is new and a bunch of people are selling their wheels right now, but if Honda changes the design for 2019, that supply of 17-18 wheels will probably start to dry up.
Yea that’s my exact worry. What if I try to buy some down the road and they’re all hard to find or beat up/ curbed.

I’m trying to decide if I should store them or sell them.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like them, but also not a huge fan of the “time attack” red stripe. The 20’s look cool, but certainly not ideal for DD use. I decided to keep mine since they have no flaws & who knows, they may be more rare/valuable down the road or useful, if I ever sell. If you keep them you can always sell later, if you need to. I do prefer the 19’s with 275 Pilot Sport 4S rubber though.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the look since the red outline matches the red highlights on the body of the car, but I don’t like the size. There are very few tires available for the 20s and most of them are summer tires. Not to mention the cost of those tires is on the high side. I will most likely either grab a pair of 18s or 19s and keep the originals somewhere safe.