DO NOT SHOP AT DAVID MCDAVID IRVING!

blkfa5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si (sold), 2003 WRX (sold), 2017 Sidan
Country flag
Had an awful experience there with terrible customer service, everyone I came in contact with seemed uninterested in selling me this car from sales, sales manager (THE WORSE), to financing (tryin to screw me with "free" warranty but I ended up paying $3k more with lower interest).

http://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-si-otd-price-thread.11148/page-14

posted my experience in this thread. ^^
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can tell you from personal experience that Yelp is a far better place for your complaints ;) And what he said ^ it is right at the top of this board.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
They must be a bunch of crooks. They have a Sport Hatch with a manual in their inventory. Everyone knows these don't exist.:D

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I offered full MSRP without accessories for a new Civic Si to David McDavid on May 26.

Michael Insall: "Thanks for your inquiry on this vehicle. That car will be sold sticker plus accessories. If you are willing to do that I can take a deposit. They are not discounting that car sir. Thanks"

I told him again I didn't want accessories.

Michael Insall: "I appreciate all the research you have done sir. They are selling that car at sticker plus accessories. They have made that clear to all of us. We are receiving a limited amount of those cars and already have customers lined up. Thanks again, and I wish you luck in your search!!"

The car was still in transit and had not yet been delivered. I told him yet again I wanted the car as it came off the truck before they installed accessories.

Michael Insall: "They will be adding the accessory package to that car when it comes of the truck. Before we sell it"

I told him once more that I did not want accessories.

Michael Insall: "On just about any other car they would be willing to do what you are asking. On this specific vehicle they will be selling it sticker plus accessories."

I told him since he had "customers lined up", yet had not pre-sold this vehicle to call me when they were ready to take my offer.

Here's where it gets more interesting...

Michael Insall: "If the vehicle isn't sold/contracted when it arrives the vehicle receives our normal standard accessories."

Ummm... I'm offering to buy the vehicle right now before it arrives so that you won't put accessories on it.

Michael Insall: "We don't take pre-sold offers on specialty units. It's first come, first serve which is the reason why it's not pre-sold."

Michael Insall: "The vehicle will be here today at 2:30pm and my sales staff has already informed other customers and we have three appointments on the unit today. I am not sure if I am much help if you can't come sign the paperwork today."

45 minutes earlier, he said he'd take a deposit if I agreed to sticker plus accessories. A deposit takes the car off the market so that it won't be sold to anyone else, so which is it?

Michael Insall: "I wouldn't take a deposit. The vehicle would have to be sold and contracted, not a deposit."

Michael Insall: "We cannot do the deal you are asking for. Please let me know if anything changes on your end. We appreciate the opportunity."

Michael Insall: "Thank you very much for your time sir. I can't sell the vehicle at $26,500 OTD."

Two days later, I get another email from him:

Michael Insall: "I sent you an email and attempted to call you yesterday regarding your internet inquiry. I wanted to follow up on the information you requested."

Obviously, he doesn't remember our conversation. I asked if he decided to take my offer and got a reply from someone else instead.

David Henry: "Good afternoon. We can't accept your offer of $26,500 OTD. Please let us know if anything changes."

The next day, I got another email from a third person.

Travis Quadlander: "A few days ago, you requested information from our dealership. I am contacting you to ensure that Michael Insall is meeting your needs in a timely and professional manner. Have you had an opportunity to speak with Michael Insall regarding you vehicle purchase?"

I replied stating that I tried to buy, but they wouldn't accept my offer.

David Henry: "That car doesn't have any deals at the moment."

Three days later, I emailed David Henry a picture of the new Civic Si I bought at Smart Honda in Arkansas who instantly took my offer.

David Henry: "Congrats on your purchase Roger. Thank you for your time and god bless sir. The car sold last night for $27,000 plus TTL and the customer had a trade-in and financed with us. They are very happy with our customer service and sent a neighbor to buy today. Just has to be the right deal for the right buyer."

I can't stand it when people pull the "god card". His entire response was nothing but a string of lies and stereotypical car salesman rubbish.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm... what a crock of sh!t!!:crazy:

OP
OP

blkfa5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I offered full MSRP without accessories for a new Civic Si to David McDavid on May 26.

Michael Insall: "Thanks for your inquiry on this vehicle. That car will be sold sticker plus accessories. If you are willing to do that I can take a deposit. They are not discounting that car sir. Thanks"

Michael Insall: "I appreciate all the research you have done sir. They are selling that car at sticker plus accessories. They have made that clear to all of us. We are receiving a limited amount of those cars and already have customers lined up. Thanks again, and I wish you luck in your search!!"

The car was still in transit and had not yet been delivered. I told him yet again I wanted the car as it came off the truck before they installed accessories.

Michael Insall: "They will be adding the accessory package to that car when it comes of the truck. Before we sell it"

Michael Insall: "On just about any other car they would be willing to do what you are asking. On this specific vehicle they will be selling it sticker plus accessories."

I told him since he had "customers lined up", yet had not pre-sold this vehicle to call me when they were ready to take my offer.

Michael Insall: "If the vehicle isn't sold/contracted when it arrives the vehicle receives our normal standard accessories."

Ummm... I'm offering to buy the vehicle right now before it arrives so that you won't put accessories on it.

Michael Insall: "We don't take pre-sold offers on specialty units. It's first come, first serve which is the reason why it's not pre-sold."

Michael Insall: "The vehicle will be here today at 2:30pm and my sales staff has already informed other customers and we have three appointments on the unit today. I am not sure if I am much help if you can't come sign the paperwork today."

45 minutes earlier, he said he'd take a deposit if I agreed to sticker plus accessories. A deposit takes the car off the market so that it won't be sold to anyone else, so which is it?

Michael Insall: "I wouldn't take a deposit. The vehicle would have to be sold and contracted, not a deposit."

Michael Insall: "We cannot do the deal you are asking for. Please let me know if anything changes on your end. We appreciate the opportunity."

Michael Insall: "Thank you very much for your time sir. I can't sell the vehicle at $26,500 OTD."

Michael Insall: "I sent you an email and attempted to call you yesterday regarding your internet inquiry. I wanted to follow up on the information you requested."

Obviously, he doesn't remember our conversation. I asked if he decided to take my offer and got a reply from someone else instead.

David Henry: "Good afternoon. We can't accept your offer of $26,500 OTD. Please let us know if anything changes."

Travis Quadlander: "A few days ago, you requested information from our dealership. I am contacting you to ensure that Michael Insall is meeting your needs in a timely and professional manner. Have you had an opportunity to speak with Michael Insall regarding you vehicle purchase?"

Three days later, I emailed David Henry a picture of the new Civic Si I bought at Smart Honda in Arkansas who instantly took my offer.

David Henry: "Congrats on your purchase Roger. Thank you for your time and god bless sir. The car sold last night for $27,000 plus TTL and the customer had a trade-in and financed with us. They are very happy with our customer service and sent a neighbor to buy today. Just has to be the right deal for the right buyer."

I can't stand it when people pull the "god card". His entire response was nothing but a string of lies and stereotypical car salesman rubbish.
That automatically assumed since ima first time purchasing a new car that they can throw whatever bs they can to get me to agree to buy... even when I was signing papers with the finance office, he was tryin to pursuance me to get all the warranties and I said "well I don't need any of these" and he responds with a blank look "well, why not?" And he rambles on about the warranties to cover any electrical problems since our cars are complex with VTEC... right then and there I wanted to punch him hahah

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll admit that buying/selling vehicles without getting screwed takes a significant amount of knowledge and sometimes effort. I see highly-intelligent people get taken at car dealerships all the time. Never underestimate the abilities of salespeople and their managers. These people spend several hours each week learning about the newest tools, techniques, and the psychology of selling so they can deal with virtually every type of buyer from the most gullible and uninformed to the most stern and knowledgeable.

I could write a book on how to buy cars, but there are already a few good ones out there:

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Get-Taken-Every-Time/dp/0143038885
http://www.dougsrepublic.com/PDF/carsalesman.pdf
https://www.amazon.com/Letting-Cat-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X8NRHBAJ8A09ZHFXC0HE

OP
OP

blkfa5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll admit that buying/selling vehicles without getting screwed takes a significant amount of knowledge and sometimes effort. I see highly-intelligent people get taken at car dealerships all the time. Never underestimate the abilities of salespeople and their managers. These people spend several hours each week learning about the newest tools, techniques, and the psychology of selling so they can deal with virtually every type of buyer from the most gullible and uninformed to the most stern and knowledgeable.

I could write a book on how to buy cars, but there are already a few good ones out there:

https://www.amazon.com/Letting-Cat-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X8NRHBAJ8A09ZHFXC0HE
I admit though, calling them out on misinformation they provide is fun, seeing their facial expressions of "oh man, quick say something fast!" Uhhhh vtec goes bwahhhh?

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag

I just finished reading confessions of a car salesman. Very interesting! Thanks!

clayky

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag

Whew, you have the patience of Job. His emails would’ve been marked spam after the first contact with me.

hockeymutt

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 si
Country flag
Every time I read these I feel like a got a pretty good deal, after getting low ball offers on my trade from other dealers the local Honda dealer had a no nonsense offer got it for 23900 out the door, they give me a high intrest rate cause they knew I was refinancing with a credit union.

The initially offered me 27k on my trade and I came back at 28k and it took less than 30 mins to get it done, they threw "500"in accessories in the thing but then dropped it to 300.

If I were you I would email every dealer in your area and let them compete

xenotactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic
If anybody wants a Civic SI or Honda in the San Antonio Texas area...just ask me. I don't work on commission and our dealership gives the best customer service and price up front without tacking on any extras(unless it's a showroom car).

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anybody wants a Civic SI or Honda in the San Antonio Texas area...just ask me. I don't work on commission and our dealership gives the best customer service and price up front without tacking on any extras(unless it's a showroom car).
Oh yeah? How much for a Type R? :D
Sponsored

Last edited: