Do Euro CTR power folding mirrors break when manually turned?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For cars in general (not only the European CTR) with power folding mirrors, are the power folding mirror mechanisms robust enough to withstand manual folding, or can they break? Many cars in Europe have them and to a lesser extent in the US. I can totally imagine and understand a valet in the US pushing in the mirrors with their hand, not realizing manual intervention isn't necessary.

How is the power folding mechanism in the current European CTR? Is it overall, a trouble-free part? Toying with the idea of installing it in the US CTR, but wondering if it's worth the effort if they can break very easily. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They don’t break when manually pushed.
Thanks. So, is this "dummy-proofing" built in and is the norm for all power folding mirrors? Never had a car with power folding mirrors, hence the ignorance.

Last edited:

jinderC

Thanks. So, is this "dummy-proofing" built in and is the norm for all power folding mirrors? Never had a car with power folding mirrors, hence the ignorance.
Yes sir.
My BMW had power folding mirrors but they could also be pushed and pulled back and forth manually. In case someone accidentally hit them “ei like riding a bike past” they need to be able to give way
Sponsored