DIY: Tail light bulb changing

MarkP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So - I got them in! They took a little twisting force, and one side was harder to put in than the other, but they're in now.

I put them in the brake lights, then out of curiosity put them in the turn signal, fully expecting hyperflash, but no! The philips lights work brilliantly as turn signal bulbs without any resistors. Donno if the bulbs are built-in with them or if the flasher for the Touring is different to accomodate for all the other LED turn signals, but they work pretty damn good.

Gonna order another pair for the brake lights, and try and find a single bulb for the 3rd brake light.
How's the Philips Red Vision LED working for the brake lights? No issues so far? Do you have a video to share showing the brake lights?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
How's the Philips Red Vision LED working for the brake lights? No issues so far? Do you have a video to share showing the brake lights?
No issues. Videos are not useful because of the way different cameras will expose light.

They're perfectly find even in direct sunlight. No issues.

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
No issues. Videos are not useful because of the way different cameras will expose light.

They're perfectly find even in direct sunlight. No issues.
I have those on my break lights and even my mother who needs glasses was able to see them just fine mid afternoon

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Green harness - turn signal
Blue- Reverse lights
Black -tails
I just swapped out my reverse/backup lights.

Am I crazy or is the blue harness not the reverse??

I found that the grey harness was for the backup/reverse lights.

Weird DIY guide that doesn't even mention the grey harness. Oy.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Black harness is the LED tail.
Blue is brake light
Grey is reverse
Green is turn (I think) - but it's really easy to tell by looking in from the outside.
Now the above is 100 percent correct, can the OP be updated to include this?

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Not to bring up an old thread but has anyone with a Hatch removed the tail lights yet? Assuming they will come out the same (2 screws and pull) but don't want to break anything

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Not to bring up an old thread but has anyone with a Hatch removed the tail lights yet? Assuming they will come out the same (2 screws and pull) but don't want to break anything
Confirm that the interior of the tail lights are not accessible. If not, then it should only be screwed in from the outside like the pictures in this thread. It will take a little force though.

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So - I got them in! They took a little twisting force, and one side was harder to put in than the other, but they're in now.

I put them in the brake lights, then out of curiosity put them in the turn signal, fully expecting hyperflash, but no! The philips lights work brilliantly as turn signal bulbs without any resistors. Donno if the bulbs are built-in with them or if the flasher for the Touring is different to accomodate for all the other LED turn signals, but they work pretty damn good.

Gonna order another pair for the brake lights, and try and find a single bulb for the 3rd brake light.
What leds did you get? thanks !

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The Phillips Red 7443 bulbs. Best!

Edit* - the post you quoted was wrong. When I put both bulbs in they hyperflashed, so I got load resistors.
They will work for a 2017 civic hatchback Sport Touring?

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Is it obvious how water flows around and down behind the taillight assemblies? Can't have water lingering back there promoting rust. Would expect quite a bit of water flowing down the channel along the trunk lid.

GC2tone32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag