DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport

jdmsleepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I agree with kotarou. But do some research and you can find the GPS antenna for around $25. That's what I did

Chris Nait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag
I bought it with the same seller, Im in Mexico so its a little big harder to find seller or adapters, Right now I havent found the adapters that replace the cable from 2 to 15, for now I will try to joint those adapters, do you think it’s possible???

Chris Nait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag
I mean, connectors, I thought it was optical but it’s not, so I will try that, Im also waiting for the adapters from 13. Thank you in advance.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport image

qukquk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX 6MT
Country flag
I mean, connectors, I thought it was optical but it’s not, so I will try that, Im also waiting for the adapters from 13. Thank you in advance.

image.jpg
I think you will need the stock amplifier in order to make sound, I bought the same one by mistake before, all the pin definition are different to none ampflier headunit.

PS. That's the optical cable connect the headunit and stock amplifier.

Even you have the none amplifier headunit you still will the GPS module to active the system because of the certain time disconnected from battery.

Hope this info. will help

Chris Nait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag
I have another question, what about this step???
- Route a wire lead from the 15th pin of the 32pin connector (between purple and red, and above pink and tan), to the interior fusebox (under the dash). Ideally, using one connector recycled from the Honda harness, just insert the metal pin into the cavity, until you hear the click. If you want to color-code as OEM, use a little green wire.
What do you mean with "insert the metal pin into de cavity" which cavity???
Thank you all guys for your answers.

Chris Nait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag
This step "- Route a wire lead from the 15th pin of the 32pin connector (between purple and red, and above pink and tan), to the interior fusebox (under the dash). Ideally, using one connector recycled from the Honda harness, just insert the metal pin into the cavity, until you hear the click. If you want to color-code as OEM, use a little green wire."
is only if I want to use the second usb port right???

Chris Nait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag
Hey guys, check this out!!! Im so happy, for now I dont have radio i will wait til the adapters arrive, thank you very much

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport image

astrazinca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC LX SPORT
Country flag
Hello , please need help , just buy the adapter FM antenna but how i can connect the blue wire ?
after direct connect the FM doesn't work and and SCAN dis-active

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport IMG_6895.PNG

jdmsleepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
This step "- Route a wire lead from the 15th pin of the 32pin connector (between purple and red, and above pink and tan), to the interior fusebox (under the dash). Ideally, using one connector recycled from the Honda harness, just insert the metal pin into the cavity, until you hear the click. If you want to color-code as OEM, use a little green wire."
is only if I want to use the second usb port right???
No this is for the rear view camera to operate as it did with the original head unit that was in there. That is the reverse wire trigger to turn on the lights when in reverse gear. What that does is tell the new head unit that it needs to switch to the rear view camera on the screen

jdmsleepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag

image.jpg
Definitely not optical and yes you can splice that back together. make sure to isolate the conductor (center pin) from the shield (outer copper strands) I would recommend soldering the splices to ensure a solid connection and use electrical tape to cover your solder joints. solder and tape the inner conductor then the shield. tape over all tightly. this will keep the joint strong and less likely to break.

Last edited:

jdmsleepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Hello , please need help , just buy the adapter FM antenna but how i can connect the blue wire ?
after direct connect the FM doesn't work and and SCAN dis-active

IMG_6895.PNG
you also need this connect to the tuner unit. connect the blue wire from this adapter to the one you have. you also have to swap the position of where the pin is on this adapter so the OEM antenna signal is received by the tuner.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport upload_2019-2-22_15-49-17

View attachment 138028

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Novosonics...cura-Honda-Factory-Radio-To-Ant-/272759711201
View attachment 138024

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Chris Nait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag
No this is for the rear view camera to operate as it did with the original head unit that was in there. That is the reverse wire trigger to turn on the lights when in reverse gear. What that does is tell the new head unit that it needs to switch to the rear view camera on the screen
Thank you man, Ive already installed it, now I am waiting for the adapters to arrive.

astrazinca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC LX SPORT
Country flag
you also need this connect to the tuner unit. connect the blue wire from this adapter to the one you have. you also have to swap the position of where the pin is on this adapter so the OEM antenna signal is received by the tuner.

upload_2019-2-22_15-49-17.png

View attachment 138028

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Novosonics...cura-Honda-Factory-Radio-To-Ant-/272759711201
View attachment 138024
thanks so much but the main problem the old unite tuner port contain the blue wire connection , and the new OEM unit doesn't have as picture so how can i connect as per below photo

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport IMG_6903.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport IMG_6904.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport IMG_6905.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport IMG_6906.JPG

Attachments