KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I wish someone made plug and play harness and sell... so many people will be happy to purchase
Sponsored

qukquk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX 6MT
Country flag
Thanks a lot! it works!

however last week it was stolen :doh:so just bought other one....but anyway finished the installation and very happy with the result

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport ?temp_hash=55c34294f0e1a8e15df21fa001bbeaf9

other question about the rear camera, used the alexjones picture, left is 32p without rear camera.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport ?temp_hash=55c34294f0e1a8e15df21fa001bbeaf9

The comparison of diagram between them

I had the kenwood aftermarket radio, installed the rear view camera using the universal wiring. I tried to rebuilt the wiring as the diagram but it didn't work: RCA Tip to "C29(Camera V), RCA Sleeve to "C28(SH Camera)" and the existing reverse wired with rear lamp reverse light to "C15(BACK LT)".

Is there something wrong? I didn't rebuilt the "C13(Camera VCC)" either "C14(Camera GND) because thought the rear camera already wired + and - on back lamp, it's that assumption is correct? or should i rebuilt the "C16(Camera Adpt)?:hmm:

It's like Matrix, Red or Blue Pill.
But According to the Service Manual You should use the red one.

TunnerUnit.jpg

Attachments

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
The camera pins are the same, the only thing that you have to do is to feed the connector with the rear signal.
Are you changing from a 2DIN aftermarket unit to the Honda OEM 7 inch?

Is your rear camera original or aftermarket?

qukquk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX 6MT
Country flag
Hi kotarou, yes I am changing from 2 din aftermarket radio to factory OEM 7".

My backuo camera is aftermarket so the the wiring on my car didn't come with the wiring.

Appreciate if you know how to rebuilt the connection!

The camera pins are the same, the only thing that you have to do is to feed the connector with the rear signal.
Are you changing from a 2DIN aftermarket unit to the Honda OEM 7 inch?

Is your rear camera original or aftermarket?

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
What you are doing is right.

C15 = Reverse Signal

C13 = Power to the camera
C14 = Ground for the Camera

C28 = Shield/Ground for the Video Signal (RCA Yellow Cable)
C29 = Video Signal

Forget
C31
C32

I'm not sure If you have to tell the HU that there is a camera hooked on the unit on the C16 connector. I'll check what kind of signal you'll need to feed this terminal with.

qukquk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX 6MT
Country flag
Hi

I didn't hook up the C13 and C14 because the rear camera are already wired using the positive and negative from rear lamp.

But I will try to hook up them to try error lol.

Double check the aftermarket backup camera wiring kit for non-7" radio, it hook up the C14 and C16 together, that make me curious if the ground signal can be triggle sing to head unit?

What you are doing is right.

C15 = Reverse Signal

C13 = Power to the camera
C14 = Ground for the Camera

C29 = Video Signal

Forget
C31
C32

I'm not sure If you have to tell the HU that there is a camera hooked on the unit on the C16 connector. I'll check what kind of signal you'll need to feed this terminal with.

qukquk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX 6MT
Country flag
Great! So did you just Grounded C16?
Hello I did in other way, here it is:

C15 = Reverse Signal : took positive reverse current from rear lamp.

C13 = Power to the camera: headunut will send current to rear camera, so need extra wire to rear camera
C14 = Ground for the Camera: ground to rear camera and hook up with C28 and C16 the camera adpt.

C29 = Video Signal to RCA tip.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport ?temp_hash=ae7334f626fa482c84e52ff31589dbdf

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: retrofit Hondalink to LX/Sport ?temp_hash=ae7334f626fa482c84e52ff31589dbdf

I tried to hook up c31 and c32 to c15, thought the headuite will send dif. Voltage to change the cámara view angel but it failed, so I gave up lol.

The dynamic guidance line is pretty cool even aftermarket didn't come with parking line.

Really thanks your post of instructions, this is biggest project I had done in Civic now.

Had the 2din Kenwood radio but screen can't see well under sun so I choose back to this OEM 7 inch.

Attachments

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi planning to do this can you list all the things i need to buy including the ones you added that was missing on the first post.im looking into doing this or just geting the android one..but leaning on this coz of oem..i have an 2018 civic hatchback sport

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
It really depends what you want.

If you want the OEM features, some adjustments and integration like (door lock, light timer and 3 view camera) the Original OEM is good for you.
If you just need a better HU for sound of specific features, I don't recommend the OEM, go for a Pioneer, Alpine and similar. The cost and effort will be less than retrofit the unit.

I'm doing something in between. I'll use the OEM Radio + External DSP...

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Im ok with the sound the oem produce..only thing important to me is having the android auto and the apple carplay..another question is op said he got the one without nav then when he showed the picture on his car there is nav on it so even if i get the one as his i can still have nav at the end..coz i can buy the touch screen with the radio reciever for 100-150.
Sponsored