DIY: Remove Front Bumper/Grill/Chrome

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Anyone know if it is possible to remove only the chrome trim pieces of the grill without removing the front bumper entirely?
No you have to take the whole bumper off.
I have a problem with my grille the top is separating from the bumper and I want to take the bumper off to try fixing it myself somehow I know those small tabs shaved off from my bumper. I am most worried about those tabs around the headlights are those easy to break off? Thank you appreciate any input.
If you take your time and use a plastic pry tool you shouldn't break them. I actually broke some of the black tabs on the car side, not the bumper, and replacing them was easy and cheap like a $20 part.
Sponsored

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Cool thanks for the info. Which black tabs if you don't mind me asking?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I have to change the 71124-TED-T01 on my CTR to clear up some minor over-sanding that occurred. Any close ups of that part, and any chance I could remove it without removing the bumper? (my new part hasn't arrived yet...)

Thanks!

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Ah makes sense now thanks man really appreciate it

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The bottom picture in Streetkid's post. If you break them the parts numbers are
71140-TBA-A00 Right side
71190-TBA-A00 Left side
I just had someone do a hit and run on my Civic and one of the tabs below the headlight that holds the bumper on broke. Is this the clip you are referring to here? The part that broke was black plastic, the bumper part looks unharmed.

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I just had someone do a hit and run on my Civic and one of the tabs below the headlight that holds the bumper on broke. Is this the clip you are referring to here? The part that broke was black plastic, the bumper part looks unharmed.
Yes that's the part it's just 2 bolts holding the piece onto the headlights. Easy to DIY or dealer to do.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes that's the part it's just 2 bolts holding the piece onto the headlights. Easy to DIY or dealer to do.
Thank you so much for the reply! I'm so relieved that these parts are cheap to replace... I thought I was going to have to shell out to replace the entire bumper or one of the headlights!

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thank you so much for the reply! I'm so relieved that these parts are cheap to replace... I thought I was going to have to shell out to replace the entire bumper or one of the headlights!
Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing when I broke mine. Even the side clips can be replaced. Great design by Honda.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing when I broke mine. Even the side clips can be replaced. Great design by Honda.
Seriously, that's genius of Honda to do. Huge props to them for making the cars cheap to own for us! Love my Honda!

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
The bottom picture in Streetkid's post. If you break them the parts numbers are
71140-TBA-A00 Right side
71190-TBA-A00 Left side
Hey I know this is a old post but are those the number for these clips? Cause I broke one of them.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Remove Front Bumper/Grill/Chrome 0FAF29E4-6B55-4245-8747-B3A57DB0D1DF

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Do you think autozone might have it? Or my best bet is just going to the dealership? Lol I’m sorry for these question, kinda new to this lol
It's possible they might have an aftermarket one I haven't looked but if you want the best fit oem is the way to go. Should cost less than a dollar.

ThrillHill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
This is simple to accomplish. Don't be turned away by the bumper removal.

Screenshot_2017-02-01-08-36-30-1-1.jpg

Screenshot_2017-02-01-08-36-39-1.png

Here are the clip locations in yellow.
Be gentle. Honda didnt spend to much time designing these to be robust.

2017-01-31 11.28.32-1-1.jpg

These are the screw locations in red.

20170131_112133-1-1-1.jpg

Honda H Emblem is held on by these plus adhesive.

20170131_114324.jpg

All screws are accessible through the back side, so the bumper has to be removed.

Hope this helps out everyone.

P.S.- anyone know of a rear roof spoiler that fits the 2 door coupe? I like ikon motorsports design but it's only for sedan.
Thank you so much! A truck with a trailer hitch whacked me and I wasn't sure if I could fix it myself. This post is extremely helpful and I feel confident moving forward. Damage wasn't too bad, but enough to want it fixed.
Sponsored