Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2005 Subaru STI
Country flag
Check out my install video of the Phoenix Android Radio 9" that's plug and play for my 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport. It's a step by step so anyone can follow and install it into their LX or Sport. People have also installed it in their EX as well.

Where you can buy this radio the link is in the description of the video.

Sponsored

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Will this work for a 2016 Civic Touring Sedan?

The climate control is tightly integrated with Touring's existing head unit - can that be used with this?

Backup camera works, how about the Lane Watch camera (right hand turn camera)?

Can you use Apple CarPlay with this?

OP
OP

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will this work for a 2016 Civic Touring Sedan?

The climate control is tightly integrated with Touring's existing head unit - can that be used with this?

Backup camera works, how about the Lane Watch camera (right hand turn camera)?

Can you use Apple CarPlay with this?
Do you have the upgraded factory head unit? All back up camera works including lane watch. However people do complain of it being pixelatted but I can't remember if the small screen I have it pixelatted to begin with. It does not have Apple car play but from what I have seen theres a setting you can mirror the phone. I cant say much for iPhone as I have a Samsung Note 5 still. There's a guy that actually has his ac controls still working with the head unit so I would say yes it still works.

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have the upgraded factory head unit? All back up camera works including lane watch. However people do complain of it being pixelatted but I can't remember if the small screen I have it pixelatted to begin with. It does not have Apple car play but from what I have seen theres a setting you can mirror the phone. I cant say much for iPhone as I have a Samsung Note 5 still. There's a guy that actually has his ac controls still working with the head unit so I would say yes it still works.
Thanks for the reply.

Civic Touring has Display Audio head unit. Not sure what is meant by "upgraded", this is the "top of the line" unit, which is standard on the Touring model.

OP
OP

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply.

Civic Touring has Display Audio head unit. Not sure what is meant by "upgraded", this is the "top of the line" unit, which is standard on the Touring model.
Does your's look like this one? This is what mine was when I purchased my car.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Phoenix Android Radio 9" Installation Video 21622205_10115013003253024_1866523086_n

Now it looks like this.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Phoenix Android Radio 9" Installation Video 21769810_10115013003258014_2113308891_n

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does your's look like this one? This is what mine was when I purchased my car.
21622205_10115013003253024_1866523086_n.jpg

Now it looks like this.
21769810_10115013003258014_2113308891_n.jpg
No. It looks like attached image.

I've been looking for an aftermarket replacement because the Honda Display audio unit is buggy junk.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Phoenix Android Radio 9" Installation Video 2016-honda-civic-first-drive-sg-33-1280x720

OP
OP

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No. It looks like attached image.

I've been looking for an aftermarket replacement because the Honda Display audio unit is buggy junk.

2016-honda-civic-first-drive-sg-33-1280x720.jpg
If you went with Phoenix you will lose a couple of features like apple carplay and hondalink. Since my car never had those features it didn't bother me much as everything I'm getting from this headunit is completely beneficial. I haven't had any trouble with the headunit thus far and will keep everyone on the loop as I use it more and more.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you able to connect iPhone via Bluetooth? Also, do the phone buttons on the steering wheel still work?

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
in your video you said to discard the brown plug with RCA plugs, but later i see that you put it in. is it necessary for the LX/SPORT?

Kelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
in your video you said to discard the brown plug with RCA plugs, but later i see that you put it in. is it necessary for the LX/SPORT?
Yes, I actually needed it. I originally discarded it but realized that was necessary for the backup camera to work! So you will need it for the LX/Sport! Other than that.. thanks Subiepanda for the great vid!

Moopy62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
Just installed mine last night. Everything is great except I have no back up camera. It’s just black. That worries me but I have a ticket request in with Phoenix. Still trying to understand all the possibilities that the unit can do. Does anyone have any info on apps etc.?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you plug in the yellow cables to the same ones that were labeled off the main harness?

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Just installed mine last night. Everything is great except I have no back up camera. It’s just black. That worries me but I have a ticket request in with Phoenix. Still trying to understand all the possibilities that the unit can do. Does anyone have any info on apps etc.?
Both cameras will work. There are numerous settings to find them. Try just cycling through your inputs to make sure that it is connected. The side camera can be accessed by going to Settings > Car > Factory Settings (Code 126) > Other > Customer Version > Version 2

Moopy62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yup - this was my mistake on the connection - thanks for replies.

I am admittedly not an android guy (Iphone 8) but this thing has been difficult and disappointing as hell. Maybe it me and my lack of the android universe - don't know. Apps seem to be buggy (car launcher will not start automatically, Sirius app just plain does not work, can't figure out playing music from Iphone via BT, on and on...) Seems to me way too much attention required. I didn't want to have to go to "android college" to get this thing configured. My biggest disappointment is there seems to be no way to press my mic button on my steering wheel for hands free calling "Call so and so". Not even a mic button on the bluetooth app. No way I can drive down the road trying to push multiple button to get down to searching my contacts. May have to go to Car Play and all its limitations...uggg

I would be forever grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction on these issues (without pointing out the obvious- that I am an Android idiot): Tutorials?

1. How to make hands free call pressing my steering wheel mike button.
2. Is there a way to resize Icons (I know about adding widgets, etc ) or customizing my home screen to a higher density presentation? I like the Car Launcher but every time I hit home it takes me back to the default screens nor does it start on startup (yes - I configured it to do so )
3.Do I have to turn off/on my iphone hotspot everytime I get in the car? I guess I assumed that physically connecting the phone via USB would provide some benefits past charging.
4. Are there any apps that can port my iphone text messages ?

Moopy62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Both cameras will work. There are numerous settings to find them. Try just cycling through your inputs to make sure that it is connected. The side camera can be accessed by going to Settings > Car > Factory Settings (Code 126) > Other > Customer Version > Version 2
No luck. Working with Phoenix. Apparently no power to camera. Tried the cam RCA inputs and still black. Version 2 no change. This unit is Frustrating.
Sponsored