DIY: Install subwoofer in non-touring (P300-10)

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked and photobucket is down for maintenance. If it doesn't come back up soon I can look into hosting them somewhere else.
are your settings still the same for gain, xover and bass or have you changed them since then? playing with different settings atm.

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatcback Ex
Country flag
After I did mine, my blue interior lights are not on as well as my air conditioning and shift backlights. Any ideas? Do I need to completely reset the ECU?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if your battery was unplugged for a while the system will need to relearn, that's what happened to me, I had to drive it down the road and everything was fine however I didn't experience what your experiencing. it was just my Trac control and head unit. it told me to drive safe while initializing or something like that. hope this helps.

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if your battery was unplugged for a while the system will need to relearn, that's what happened to me, I had to drive it down the road and everything was fine however I didn't experience what your experiencing. it was just my Trac control and head unit. it told me to drive safe while initializing or something like that. hope this helps.
Yeah I went through all that (twice actually) and that part is back to normal now but the other lights are still not backlit. I'm going to try disconnecting both terminals to let everything completely drain and reset.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Install subwoofer in non-touring (P300-10) 20161112_195712

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I went through all that (twice actually) and that part is back to normal now but the other lights are still not backlit. I'm going to try disconnecting both terminals to let everything completely drain and reset.

20161112_195712.jpg
fuse maybe? if you find out what happened and if you've resolved it let us know, it may help someone in the future.

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
fuse maybe? if you find out what happened and if you've resolved it let us know, it may help someone in the future.
UPDATE: So I disconnected the battery for 1 hour and it still didn't ask for the headunit security code so I know it did not completely reset. I thought maybe I needed to do it for longer. When we put the amp in it was disconnected for hours but also disconnected the headunit. I want to do a complete reset instead of pulling fuses since its multiple items that need resetting.

Leaving the car off for 8+ hours did not help. I also noticed taillights were not lit. The brake lights are however. Swapping the interior light fuse did not help; this is the map lights and not the ambient and AC shift backlights.

So there was a blown parking light fuse and replacing that fixed that problem with the taillights but the other ambient lights, AC and gear shift lights are still not fixed. There are some other fuses we will be checking today
Accessory is probably the USB and cig adapter but no idea what option is

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex-l 2016
In trying to get my 4guage wire through that grommet...not having any luck..many suggestions?

jake_aguilera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
In trying to get my 4guage wire through that grommet...not having any luck..many suggestions?
use really thin wire that is bendable and duct tape that around the tip of your 4 gauge wire and push the metal wire through the grommet and have someone pull on that while you feed the wire through the grommet. I was able to run an 8 gauge wire through doing that. I just pulled the little grommet plug out and left it hanging on the hood latch wire.

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Running thru that grommet on my ex hatch was NOT happening. But there is a plug right above that grommet. Second pic is with removed. First one is the plug that I just drilled a hole into for my 8 gauge wire. No tell how much time I wasted trying the hood release wire grommet. Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Install subwoofer in non-touring (P300-10) 20170319_172616

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Install subwoofer in non-touring (P300-10) 20170319_172303