DIY: Front Door Panel Removal and Speaker Upgrade

Peter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah, the audio control has speaker level inputs so you just run off the rear speakers (or in my case, the subwoofer speaker line on my touring) and it outputs line-level output to your amp (RCA)
I got the Lc2i already and i see it has 2 channel. So how you tapping it for signal? Both rears? Rear and sub?
Sponsored

Peter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Finally everything is done. Sound so good

Here how I connect them. I tap LC2i to rear speakers and connect it to amp by rca cable (bass signal from rear speakers is punch but not deep enough). High level input on amp tap into subwoofer (now i have deep bass but the bass is unbalance). It took me about 20 minutes to adjust on lc2i and amp. Now the bass is punchy and really deep. I love it.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Front Door Panel Removal and Speaker Upgrade ima

Last edited:

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Can I ask how you fixed the rattle in the trunk with the Touring sound system? I would love to get rid of that if at all possible.

Peter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

Anthonyjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T

Here how I connect them. I tap LC2i to rear speakers and connect it to amp by rca cable (bass signal from rear speakers is punch but not deep enough). High level input on amp tap into subwoofer (now i have deep bass but the bass is unbalance). It took me about 20 minutes to adjust on lc2i and amp. Now the bass is punchy and really deep. I love it and proud of me too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Peter, so the only part of your system that is getting the modified BASS signal from the AUDIO CONTROL is the subwoofer, otherwise your speakers are getting the same frequency that it was previously from the head unit...Does adding just the subwoofer alone sound much better in this car? I wanted to do the entire car with a 5 channel amp. 4 channels for the speakers in the door and rear deck and 1 channel for the sub. Im very curious how the stock speakers would sound with the ACCUBASS signal adjustment...

Peter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Peter, so the only part of your system that is getting the modified BASS signal from the AUDIO CONTROL is the subwoofer, otherwise your speakers are getting the same frequency that it was previously from the head unit...Does adding just the subwoofer alone sound much better in this car? I wanted to do the entire car with a 5 channel amp. 4 channels for the speakers in the door and rear deck and 1 channel for the sub. Im very curious how the stock speakers would sound with the ACCUBASS signal adjustment...
Yes, sounds amazing.
I don't just add a subwoofer, I replaced all 4 speakers by polk db651 and keep manufacturer tweeters. Also, I replaced the sub by polk db840 too.
Audio control modified bass signal from rear speakers and conect to amp by rca. Also the high level input on amp connected to manufacture sub.
Ps: The main speakers don't have low frequency signal below 60hz like the sub. So we need connect to both of them.

danny24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Hi! I'm looking to replace the 2 main rear speakers in my 2016 civic but I can't get that rear deck out... Can u guys give some tips on how to do it? I already did the 2 in the front doors but this rear deck is giving me a big headache... Please help! Lol

Peter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi! I'm looking to replace the 2 main rear speakers in my 2016 civic but I can't get that rear deck out... Can u guys give some tips on how to do it? I already did the 2 in the front doors but this rear deck is giving me a big headache... Please help! Lol
This video will help you.

OP
OP

makemerush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

Here how I connect them. I tap LC2i to rear speakers and connect it to amp by rca cable (bass signal from rear speakers is punch but not deep enough). High level input on amp tap into subwoofer (now i have deep bass but the bass is unbalance). It took me about 20 minutes to adjust on lc2i and amp. Now the bass is punchy and really deep. I love it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
This looks like a nice clean install - good job!

Does your trunk carpet/liner rattle? Mine does since it's a pretty thin piece of what appears to be almost cardboard under the carpet... I was going to stiffen it with plywood but if having the rubber trunk liner is sufficient then I'll just buy that.

Peter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This looks like a nice clean install - good job!

Does your trunk carpet/liner rattle? Mine does since it's a pretty thin piece of what appears to be almost cardboard under the carpet... I was going to stiffen it with plywood but if having the rubber trunk liner is sufficient then I'll just buy that.
Thanks.
My trunk doesn't rattle like yours but the rear desk was rattle by hit the glass. I fixed it by put some foam in there.

Anthonyjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
So I installed my 4 infinity reference 6.5 speakers. I used the HONDA SPEAKER ADAPTER KIT. There isn't much of a difference with sound from Stock to these speakers at the moment. My next phase is installing my 5 channel amp and AUDIO CONTROL. I noticed that the speakers have 4 wires going to them. When I use my AUDIO CONTROL LC2i, do I use all 4 of those wires? or do I use two of them????
Sponsored