DIY: Clear side marker lamp housing swap

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Right now, I have a dark tint overlay on my sidemarkers for my black pearl Civic....

Now I'm thinking I want to change it up....the dark tint makes it blend in so much that the front end (side view) looks too plain....

I'm either going to spray the sidemarkers with Red NiteShade or buy the clear sidemarkers...

Any thoughts from black Civic owners?

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my stuff a while ago. I got my sidemarkers from eBay. I placed a bid for 25 bucks and won. Hahaha. I have some Phillips 6000k white on the side markers. They are a bit of overkill but like them a lot. I will get HIDs to match the led strip.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5050.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5057.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5068.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5073.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5080.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5213.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5215.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_5217.JPG

EXT604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXT
heres mine with the Aerokit and the visor on the front after spending an entire day waxing/polishing her and cleaning her out. sorry it's so dark in the pics i didnt finish until 8 pm lol
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender(1).jpg
FullSizeRender(2).jpg
Well worth it! Great work on the at-home detailing. Big fan!

EXT604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXT
Got my stuff a while ago. I got my sidemarkers from eBay. I placed a bid for 25 bucks and won. Hahaha. I have some Phillips 6000k white on the side markers. They are a bit of overkill but like them a lot. I will get HIDs to match the led strip.

The side markers look killer though! Do you have any intentions to change the headlights-lowbeam to a 5000-6000k LED or HIID?? Maybe you've changed the tech but the bulb still looks yellow. Maybe that's a preference thing though. (I'm wanting to change my EXT bulbs to 5000 LEDs)

Joe4short

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
:love: Whoa that aero kit and wing!! Would you happen to have pics with the HIDs on yet??

Been considering changing the sidemarkers and you just made that decision a no brainer today! btw what bulbs are the sidemarkers??

Cheers btw! the car looks SEXXY!:respect:

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:love: Whoa that aero kit and wing!! Would you happen to have pics with the HIDs on yet??

Been considering changing the sidemarkers and you just made that decision a no brainer today! btw what bulbs are the sidemarkers??

Cheers btw! the car looks SEXXY!:respect:

Is this directed to me? lol... I am assuming so because I am the only one that had the aero kit and wing. If so... thanks! Its work in progress... slowly but surely. I used Phillips 194 LED 6000k bulbs. They are overkill but they look good.

I bought them at canadian tire for like $20 CAD (the pair). I thought they were expensive. I wanted to do the whole car with those bulbs but.... yeah lol. Here is a link for amazon and walmart:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Bright-White-Interior-Vision/dp/B017VORB7M
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-...terior-Vision-LED-Automotive-2-Bulbs/44645939

In USA they are around 12 bucks.

Hope it helps. I don't have the HID's yet. I might do them next week.

Joe4short

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Is this directed to me? lol... I am assuming so because I am the only one that had the aero kit and wing. If so... thanks! Its work in progress... slowly but surely. I used Phillips 194 LED 6000k bulbs. They are overkill but they look good.

I bought them at canadian tire for like $20 CAD (the pair). I thought they were expensive. I wanted to do the whole car with those bulbs but.... yeah lol. Here is a link for amazon and walmart:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Bright-White-Interior-Vision/dp/B017VORB7M
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-...terior-Vision-LED-Automotive-2-Bulbs/44645939

In USA they are around 12 bucks.

Hope it helps. I don't have the HID's yet. I might do them next week.

Haha yeah your car looks amazing bro, I have a OWP too and this gives me the inspiration to model it after lol

Thanks for the link man!

btw have you considered changing the black trims on the exterior of the car into gloss black?? I saw a Lexus 250 RC and gloss black trims look amazing on white.

I also noticed you dont have fogs but would you consider one of these in the case that you decide to put one??
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Honda-Civic-Sedan-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-p/70-817.htm
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-Projector-Fog-Lamps-with-LED-Halo-Rings-p/60-076a.htm

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha yeah your car looks amazing bro, I have a OWP too and this gives me the inspiration to model it after lol

Thanks for the link man!

btw have you considered changing the black trims on the exterior of the car into gloss black?? I saw a Lexus 250 RC and gloss black trims look amazing on white.

I also noticed you dont have fogs but would you consider one of these in the case that you decide to put one??
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Honda-Civic-Sedan-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-p/70-817.htm
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-Projector-Fog-Lamps-with-LED-Halo-Rings-p/60-076a.htm

Thanks dude. You are welcome. I hope you get them. If you haven't order the clear markers... look for bids... that include only the marker itself or the ijdmtoy seem good too cuz you don't need to trim the housing. they give you an extension thingy.

I want to wrap my roof black. Money is tight right now... lol. I wanted winter tires but I think I am going to wing it. I wanted to check with the wrap guys which other suggestions they would give me. One place quoted me $400 dollars for the roof! and other place $200.

Yeah I saw those. I've been browsing that website a lot. I don't know how hard is to install those. that's a mod that I would consider in a long time. Roof, HID's, Rims are the things that I have in mind first. Hehehehe. You should set up your garage. I need to post new pictures with the LED's and side markers.

Joe4short

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Thanks dude. You are welcome. I hope you get them. If you haven't order the clear markers... look for bids... that include only the marker itself or the ijdmtoy seem good too cuz you don't need to trim the housing. they give you an extension thingy.

I want to wrap my roof black. Money is tight right now... lol. I wanted winter tires but I think I am going to wing it. I wanted to check with the wrap guys which other suggestions they would give me. One place quoted me $400 dollars for the roof! and other place $200.

Yeah I saw those. I've been browsing that website a lot. I don't know how hard is to install those. that's a mod that I would consider in a long time. Roof, HID's, Rims are the things that I have in mind first. Hehehehe. You should set up your garage. I need to post new pictures with the LED's and side markers.
Yeah I just got mine 3 weeks ago.

First upgrade would def be the headlights, im considering getting DDMTuning bc my last kit from them lasted me almost 7 years.
Second would be rims.
and then the gloss black roof wrap which I want to do myself, my only concern with that is the antenna and the moon roof.
Then the sidemarkers.

Yeah I do have to update my garage lol

danglez44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
I just got mine in the other day. Tried to install them and noticed I only have two slots compared too the 4 on the oem ones. Do I cut 2 more slots in or?

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_4394.JPG

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine in the other day. Tried to install them and noticed I only have two slots compared too the 4 on the oem ones. Do I cut 2 more slots in or?

IMG_4394.JPG
I'm awaiting shipment of my sidemarkers, but yeah, there is minor modifications that need to be made. Read up on the DIY thread.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_4394.JPG
you will be cutting off the 2 excess locks, the material is quite soft, a sharp blade or a wire cutter will make short work of that

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_4394.JPG
read the first post..:rolleyes1: