Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed mine today. Not sure if you guys got the same one but mine came with something that looks like an extension with a rubberish socket. The original socket is hard plastic so trimming the other 2 tabs would be necessary to screw in the socket in place but if yours came with the extension you can just plug your bulbs in using the rubber socket. I'd post pics but I just got it done and only remembered to post after the fact. I'm actually wondering if I messed up my socket since the DIY instruction stated that the pin connectors? are smaller but everything in mine seems to fit in place.
Who did you purchase your markers from and are they the ASEAN OEM? Just curious if there has been a change in some of the makers to accomodate the difference for simple plug and play. Would've loved to see the photo of this.
Sponsored

Sushiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
iJDMTOY (2) Xenon White LED Lights w/ OEM JDM Clear Lens Side Marker Lamps For 10th Gen Honda Civic Sedan/Coupe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXTA1K7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1s-7xb5RAHV24

Honestly they feel like knockoffs and there's a visible white border around it which doesn't really blend well on my MSM(could be a reflecting element but idk). One other complaint I have is that the rubber socket doesn't feel like it seals as good as the plastic+gasket combo but it is what it is. I'll take it apart again when I get home to post pics but here's how it looks.

Edit: I found the pic of the "smaller" pin connector that's incompatible with the ones we have on a different thread and mine didn't come with those.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap IMG_0171.JPG

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
iJDMTOY (2) Xenon White LED Lights w/ OEM JDM Clear Lens Side Marker Lamps For 10th Gen Honda Civic Sedan/Coupe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXTA1K7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1s-7xb5RAHV24

Honestly they feel like knockoffs and there's a visible white border around it which doesn't really blend well on my MSM(could be a reflecting element but idk). One other complaint I have is that the rubber socket doesn't feel like it seals as good as the plastic+gasket combo but it is what it is. I'll take it apart again when I get home to post pics but here's how it looks.

Edit: I found the pic of the "smaller" pin connector that's incompatible with the ones we have on a different thread and mine didn't come with those.

IMG_0171.JPG
Yeah, I see what u mean. Just seems different from the previous one they sold on eBay.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_0171.JPG
wow that white outline really stands out but like you said its just a reflecting element...that white outline is how it is

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

from the ebay posting it does look like OEM, the honda logo is scratched out in the pic though. i dont think its a knock unless you dont remember seeing the HOnda logo on the part you installed[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
Yes. I ordered the Sylvania 194a (amber). The are frosted tips but light up as ambers. They blend well with the interior of the clear side markers as you can tell from my last photo (no orange at all). I ordered mine via Amazon and get the one that comes in a 2-pack. Best of luck!
Can you post a link. I'm having trouble finding them.

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
Anyone with an Aero kit install these yet? Is there any problem doing so? Looks like the front underbody spoiler is screwed into the wheel well and while I'm sure it would be no problem to unscrew, I'm still hesitant because I don't want to not be able to get it to go back on. I'm hoping there's more than just those 3 screws holding the spoiler on.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone with an Aero kit install these yet? Is there any problem doing so? Looks like the front underbody spoiler is screwed into the wheel well and while I'm sure it would be no problem to unscrew, I'm still hesitant because I don't want to not be able to get it to go back on. I'm hoping there's more than just those 3 screws holding the spoiler on.
if you have a OEM front under spoiler its going to be held on by screws, double sided tape, and a zip tie locking strap molded into the plastic. vs the aftermarket ones which is just screws and double sided tape

SFTOURING

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic Hybrid, 2006 CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:D
This was a really quick swap.. Longest part of process was waiting for them to ship from Thailand lol.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hey Rowen,
That looks awesome.:thumbsup: That is so true that installing them didn't take that much time....it was waiting servers weeks for them to come in was the longest part of the installation. :D