DIY: Clear side marker lamp housing swap

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
I found a seller on Amazon that had JDM set of clear side markers and thought oh I will order them the next morning. Log in the next morning and they were all sold out! FML I was hopping to avoid the weeks long shipment from Thailand from the sellers on eBay etc. but it looks like I may have to wait either way
Sponsored

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
So the seller I found on Amazon reposted available merch. I reordered thinking it was product in US and would get items within a few days but it was apparently a Thailand seller and I will see my new lenses in 4-6 weeks I will report and share some pics once they arrive!

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the seller I found on Amazon reposted available merch. I reordered thinking it was product in US and would get items within a few days but it was apparently a Thailand seller and I will see my new lenses in 4-6 weeks I will report and share some pics once they arrive!
im pretty sure the seller on Amazon is the exact same seller on ebay. he just using a different name. because i looked at his items also when i was lookign for clear lenses, and it was the same inventory as ebay

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
im pretty sure the seller on Amazon is the exact same seller on ebay. he just using a different name. because i looked at his items also when i was lookign for clear lenses, and it was the same inventory as ebay
Did you get lenses thru him?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got from the thailand seller on ebay

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap ima
As I was looking around under the hood I realized you can see down the inside of the fender and can get a better look at how those side markers attach with the clips.

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
So I am not sure what to do. My lenses where supposed to arrive Oct 26. Then said delay to Nov 1. The package has not moved from Thailand- at least that's what the tracking says. At this point should I wait another week or two to ask for a refund in case they miraculously arrive in the US. Just wondering how long you guys waited to get your lenses??

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY:  Clear side marker lamp housing swap ima
I had some trouble getting the passenger side to lock in with the tab so I put an Allen wrench up thru the tab and pushed against the metal bracket pushing the wrench in from the bottom to get the tab to lock in. This worked very well. A small screwdriver would probably work well too.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, as I didn't read through all 27 pages but,

To remove wedge bulbs easier, stick a piece of tape on both sides of the bulb leaving a decent loop of tape running over the top of the bulb, grab the loop and pull and bulb will come right out.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, as I didn't read through all 27 pages but,

To remove wedge bulbs easier, stick a piece of tape on both sides of the bulb leaving a decent loop of tape running over the top of the bulb, grab the loop and pull and bulb will come right out.
LOL that would have been useful to know when I replaced mine. I was so scared the bulb would shatter in my fingers.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe if I do a short demo thread with pics they'll sticky it so it doesn't get lost in the pages here lol
Sponsored