Distorted Windshield

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No car I have ever owned has had a distorted windshield. This is my 6th Honda. It's not completely normal.
My 8th gen Civic had distortions in the windshield. I had it replaced under warranty with OEM glass, same distortions. My CivicX also has distortions, but I'm just going to leave it be as I don't want them messing up the sensing.
Sponsored

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My 8th gen Civic had distortions in the windshield. I had it replaced under warranty with OEM glass, same distortions. My CivicX also has distortions, but I'm just going to leave it be as I don't want them messing up the sensing.
Yeah I’m worried about the sensing too, but I would really like then distortions gone. I assume Honda will do it so it’s going to be quality work, they are certified master mechanics.
Not like the kids who change your oil and put fk 5qts into a 1.5 liter engine. Let’s do the math, 1.5 liters is 91 cubic inches, 5 quarts is 290 cubic inches. 3.7 quarts is 213 cubic inches. I’m assuming the required amount is 58% more than the block size, where they added almost 70%. In any case, it can’t be healthy, idc what you say! No way I’m letting Honda, valvoline, or anyone else do my oil again, overcharged for bad service.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks JCivics, but won't the techs see that the ECU has been written to / modified?
Stealerships love to find that sort of mod that gives them a wide latitude of denying warranty on just about the entire vehicle, haha.
Besides that I'd guess that any of the techs there have forgotten more than I'll ever know about Honda everything and can get by that easily.
Good idea though, I'll look into it.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thanks JCivics, but won't the techs see that the ECU has been written to / modified?
Stealerships love to find that sort of mod that gives them a wide latitude of denying warranty on just about the entire vehicle, haha.
Besides that I'd guess that any of the techs there have forgotten more than I'll ever know about Honda everything and can get by that easily.
Good idea though, I'll look into it.
True but idk why they’d look at your ecu for a windshield. You never know. The guy saw my Hondata license plate frame and asked me if I was tuned. Then they totally denied my misfire diagnosis. Little rat bastard ratted me out. But guess what buddy, I got a new one because I make 3x what you’ll make this year, little ****. I guess he did the right thing, they never actually told me I was tuned. So I prolly could have gone to another dealer and had the work done. It’s better to have s new car anyways, just I put like 4K in mods on the old one and only recovered $3200

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
True but idk why they’d look at your ecu for a windshield. You never know. The guy saw my Hondata license plate frame and asked me if I was tuned. Then they totally denied my misfire diagnosis. Little rat bastard ratted me out. But guess what buddy, I got a new one because I make 3x what you’ll make this year, little ****. I guess he did the right thing, they never actually told me I was tuned. So I prolly could have gone to another dealer and had the work done. It’s better to have s new car anyways, just I put like 4K in mods on the old one and only recovered $3200
I meant when they discovered rev limit when they tried to beat on it they’d know it was tuned/hacked etc.

Lots2luv

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic sport Sedan
Country flag
I’m having the same issue with my 2021 Honda sport touring. I didn’t notice it on my 2020 sport sedan. I’ve had the windshield replaced once and it’s still there. I had the service manager look at the cars on the lot and they have it too. For now I’m just trying to live with it. Has anyone else had any luck with getting it replaced?

OP
OP

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I was very specific to take it to Honda for the windshield because I didn't want the lane keeping assist to be not working due to a non-OEM windshield. but I have a feeling a non-OEM one would not have the wavy lines in it.

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
You should not see a distortion looking head on at the glass. If you're in the driver seat and you look across diagonally through the passenger side and you see distortion, that's normal as the other users mentioned.
Sponsored