Distorted Windshield

1. _dc_

_dc_ Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Coupe Touring
    My 8th gen Civic had distortions in the windshield. I had it replaced under warranty with OEM glass, same distortions. My CivicX also has distortions, but I'm just going to leave it be as I don't want them messing up the sensing.

2. jcivics

jcivics Senior Member

Car(s):
    2000 Civic LX , 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
    Yeah I’m worried about the sensing too, but I would really like then distortions gone. I assume Honda will do it so it’s going to be quality work, they are certified master mechanics.
    Not like the kids who change your oil and put fk 5qts into a 1.5 liter engine. Let’s do the math, 1.5 liters is 91 cubic inches, 5 quarts is 290 cubic inches. 3.7 quarts is 213 cubic inches. I’m assuming the required amount is 58% more than the block size, where they added almost 70%. In any case, it can’t be healthy, idc what you say! No way I’m letting Honda, valvoline, or anyone else do my oil again, overcharged for bad service.

3. Fountainhead

Fountainhead Member

First Name:
    ray
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic Type R
    Thanks JCivics, but won't the techs see that the ECU has been written to / modified?
    Stealerships love to find that sort of mod that gives them a wide latitude of denying warranty on just about the entire vehicle, haha.
    Besides that I'd guess that any of the techs there have forgotten more than I'll ever know about Honda everything and can get by that easily.
    Good idea though, I'll look into it.

4. SDAlexander8

SDAlexander8 Senior Member

Environmental
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si Coupe
    Pilkington suucks

5. jcivics

jcivics Senior Member

Car(s):
    2000 Civic LX , 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
    True but idk why they’d look at your ecu for a windshield. You never know. The guy saw my Hondata license plate frame and asked me if I was tuned. Then they totally denied my misfire diagnosis. Little rat bastard ratted me out. But guess what buddy, I got a new one because I make 3x what you’ll make this year, little ****. I guess he did the right thing, they never actually told me I was tuned. So I prolly could have gone to another dealer and had the work done. It’s better to have s new car anyways, just I put like 4K in mods on the old one and only recovered $3200

6. Fountainhead

Fountainhead Member

First Name:
    ray
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic Type R
    I meant when they discovered rev limit when they tried to beat on it they’d know it was tuned/hacked etc.