Disable door chime in accessory mode (keyless)

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
Hello fellas, I got a keyless touring and everytime I just want to keep the door open with the radio on, I get this very annoying ding ding ding that never ends.

Anyone knows how to disable this chime? I searched for the buzzer but coudnt find it. Seems to be near or inside the Instrument panel.

I tried the fuse box and the black box behind it but it is not there.
It is not headlight related also, because the noise goes on even with lights off.

If I press the start button again (turns on instrument panel + HU) then it beeps a few times and turns off, but then the headlights turn on and will drain the battery.
Sponsored

jubatus

Displacement Replacement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Pearl White, 2014 Ford Explorer SPORT, 2001 Ford Excursion, 2000 F150 SE Flare Side
Country flag
Siting in my car in the garage right now thinking the exact same thing. Post must be in the invisible posts forum. Hmm. I must assume that with all the tech in these cars and after 40 YEARS this door chime is a Government requirement.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
ALL CARS beep with the door open in accessory mode, roll down your windows and close the doors.
Alternatively figure out which pad on the door is the pad telling the car the door is open, old cars typically had a switch that would get depressed when you closed the door so you just had to push in that switch to stop the beeping.

It exists to remind you you have the car on (or the key in the ignition on cars without keyless systems) so you either don't leave your keys in your ignition or your car running and return to a dead battery.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
When my Sensing camera failed; the 'gong' was gonging every 3 seconds or so. I *begged* the service guys to remove it, silence it, or tell me where it was so I could take a hammer to it. They said it wasn't possible for whatever reason. I had to get gonged for about 30 days before it was fixed.
Sponsored