• Total voters

salamander

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX
I recently purchased a 2018 Si HFP. It came with 235/35/R19 Michelin Sport tires which are fantastic, but with Winter nearly here, I am shopping for snow tires.
I don't want to go with 19" rims for several reasons: number one, cost. My problem is that I am unable to get an intelligent answer from Honda, or the dealer on
the HFP bolt pattern and offset..Without this information I am in limbo. I want to go with 18" rims and 225/45/R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin A4's. Anyone out there
have this information? I would also be interested in what others are using on HFP for winter driving,

Salamender
Sponsored

mjchristian

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My take: So much of the Civic's undercarriage is covered by plastic shields - for undercoating/spray to have any real benefit these would have to come off so they can hit the metal bits. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust 95% of people to put all the little pop clips back in properly. I'm guessing a big cause of splash guards coming off is the reassembly after this treatment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Leave your car's belly alone and it'll be ok. It's a 10th gen civic, not a Chevy from the 70s.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently purchased a 2018 Si HFP. It came with 235/35/R19 Michelin Sport tires which are fantastic, but with Winter nearly here, I am shopping for snow tires.
I don't want to go with 19" rims for several reasons: number one, cost. My problem is that I am unable to get an intelligent answer from Honda, or the dealer on
the HFP bolt pattern and offset..Without this information I am in limbo. I want to go with 18" rims and 225/45/R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin A4's. Anyone out there
have this information? I would also be interested in what others are using on HFP for winter driving,

Salamender
The bolt pattern is the same as all other civic parts (Excluding Type-R)
5x114.3 the HFP wheels are something like 19x8.5 +50 or something close to that. If you want to run 18s with 45 profiles, you can run a 18x8 or 18x8.5 with a +40 or +30 offset around there without any issues.
Sponsored