Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic)

White wheels on black car // keep white oem? (pick 2)

• white on black GOOD

Votes: 52 31.3%
  • white on black OK

Votes: 47 28.3%
  • white on black BAD

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • dip looks good

Votes: 28 16.9%
  • dip looks ok

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • take off the dip it's awful

Votes: 39 23.5%

• Total voters

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Still not sure how I feel about white oem wheels, might take it off. Eventually want to get a set of white OZ alleggerita hlt's if I go the white route

More pics in different angles/lighting added. Don't mind the center caps I have to clean it up lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5595

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5605

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5576

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5599

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5604

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5602

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) 02_alleggerita-hlt-race-white-jpg 1000x750

Last edited:

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Any more photos? More of a side profile, and closer? Looks pretty good so far

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think white wheels would look best on the blue civic but they look good on black too. Not sure how easy it will be to clean the brake dust off though.

OP
OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think white wheels would look best on the blue civic but they look good on black too. Not sure how easy it will be to clean the brake dust off though.
I like. But, yeah... keeping them clean might be a micky ficky.
I added 2 coats of glossifier since I heard it's easier to clean stuff off the smoother finish

~~

Photo dump for poll, will add to original post

Don't mind the center caps I still have to clean them up lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5605

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5576

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5599
Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5604

Honda Civic 10th gen Dipped my sport wheels white. What do you think of white wheels on black cars? (pic) IMG_5602

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
White wheels are like Yellow cars, they shouldn't exist, there is no color they work with. For a Black Car you want Gunmetal to Silver (somewhere in that tonal range) or maybe for the right car a bronzy gold but not white, never white.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Its definitely different. It’s usually a white car with black wheels but you reverse it which made it not the norm personally I like when someone does something different to their own car it stands out and unique I think it looks good :thumbsup:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it. It reminds me of old school rc cars

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
White wheels will give you that "tuner" look if that is what youre going for. OEM sport wheels honestly dont look good in any other color than stock. I think its because the spokes look thinner with the black outlining.

OP
OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
White wheels are like Yellow cars, they shouldn't exist, there is no color they work with. For a Black Car you want Gunmetal to Silver (somewhere in that tonal range) or maybe for the right car a bronzy gold but not white, never white.
Phoenix yellow honda owners on suicide watch. I always thought silver/gray was too boring, black was a bit overdone, and personally don't like bronze type colors. But white doesn't seem to get it right either. Serious first world problems here
For California it looks perfectly cool.

ukC6G9_ufjr5JK9bd4cm-PIqahs2yWUN2xmStJUjv96z5d6zDlmEIH9EFXLIQ?width=346&height=334&cropmode=none.jpg
I get the feeling you do not think it is perfectly cool haha

I like it. It reminds me of old school rc cars
Yeah, part of the reason I like white wheels is the "toy" look, but I think older style cars pull it off much better. The hatch looks a bit too modern/overstyled.

White wheels will give you that "tuner" look if that is what youre going for. OEM sport wheels honestly dont look good in any other color than stock. I think its because the spokes look thinner with the black outlining.
See above quote, I actually referenced some black Z's and older hondas with the white on black but I don't think it has the same effect with the way our car is styled. Also yes the black outlines do serious work on the look of the stock wheels!