Digital Speed Limiter

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to set the speed limiter so that it is set to a certain value on car startup - i.e without pressing the steering wheel controls for the cruise control?

I would like to be able to preset it to the urban speed limit for my teenage son so around 50kph. I do not see this feature even mentioned in the U.S manual so maybe the N.A market doesn't even get this feature?
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
if you get a tuner, you can set the max speed to whatever you want

OP
OP

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if you get a tuner, you can set the max speed to whatever you want
Thanks for replying but I wasn't referring to maximum speed, rather to a user defined speed limit which is set via the cruise control switch which our models have. Basically you can set an upper limit, say the equivalent of 30 mph and then the car will not accelerate past that limit unless you cancel it or floor the accelerator. It's just a handy feature in town to help you avoid creeping over the speed limit. It's easy enough to set but I was hoping to have it come on automatically when the car is turned on for my son who is just learning to drive.

OP
OP

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
US models don't get the driver adjustable speed limiter function.
Thanks for the reply. Pity you don't have it but it's just another one of those software variances which I find very strange in this Honda. Hopefully somebody, sometime will unlock these sorts of features which require no additional hardware to run.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Agreed, it would be nice if we all got the same feature set in the equivalent models. We're interested in the current UK CTR feature set but alas we're in the USA. Perhaps next year, if there is a next year.
Sponsored