First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
with the same goal ... Sport Injected! (edit: originally "Infused", in stead of "Injected")
Gen X & Gen 9 (I think)

Totally random, not an arranged meet.

I spotted it, as I pulled in the parking lot, and was happy that there was a parking space next to it.

I saw the owner, as we were leaving, and we both commented on each others Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen Different generations ... 20190817_112711[1]
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bugboy32337

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, not BFF's ... we were both in St. Augustine, FL, doing some sightseeing.

Just a simple acknowledgment of each others Si, and big smiles that we love them.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lately with the extent of my modifications I've gotten several compliments from older Gen Si owners :) At first the 10th Si didn't receive a lot of praise due to it's styling and lack of VTEC, but I think older gen owners have come around now

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Honestly, being a first time Honda owner, the previous gen Si's never caught my eye, I never really noticed them. If it wasn't for the 10th gen, I probably would have bought either a Camry or possibly an Accord Sport

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
My boyfriend and I both have a Si now. His is an ‘09 with a couple of mods(including exhaust) and other Si owners always notice his and wave. Mine is stock still and no one pays it any attention lol.
I once saw another WOP coupe in a McDonald’s parking lot and started to swing in and track down the owner. I know it’s a college student here though so I’m sure I’ll see them around town more.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now that the 10th Gen has proven to be capable of some serious power and good handling, the prior Gens are starting to respect the direction Honda decided to go. If i remember correctly didnt the 8th Gen tend to hate on the 9th gen because it moved to a K24? "its not a real honda" type bs lol It also doesnt help that hondas are probably one of the most commonly tuned car. So with a fan base that big ignorance between generations tend to arise. oh well lol

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 2 cars in the garage. Not the best picture though.

567EDEE2-5BCB-4744-BBF0-BE04B0F7C552.jpeg
Beautiful coupe!! Both. I had an ‘09 Si sedan and god did I love that car. Always admired the coupe but 2 little ones nixed that. Anyway, I love the drive ability of my ‘18 coupe but it will never put a smile on face the way the ‘09 did.

OP
OP
bugboy32337

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Beautiful coupe!! Both. I had an ‘09 Si sedan and god did I love that car. Always admired the coupe but 2 little ones nixed that. Anyway, I love the drive ability of my ‘18 coupe but it will never put a smile on face the way the ‘09 did.
We've got an 11 y.o. and a 13 y.o. ... they have yet to complain about scurrying into the backseats, but they REALLY like to sit in the front seat!
I was SO close to buying the sedan, but my wife encouraged me to wait for the coupe in my desired color (MSM).
I'm SO glad that I was smart enough to heed her advice, because it brings a smile to my face EVERY time I drive it.

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
We've got an 11 y.o. and a 13 y.o. ... they have yet to complain about scurrying into the backseats, but they REALLY like to sit in the front seat!
I was SO close to buying the sedan, but my wife encouraged me to wait for the coupe in my desired color (MSM).
I'm SO glad that I was smart enough to heed her advice, because it brings a smile to my face EVERY time I drive it.
I have a 9 and almost 7 year old. They don’t mind the coupe. I definitely got questioned by my “mom friends” about my choice. Simple answer, I got what I wanted and my parents drove 2 door vehicles most of my childhood. I lived.

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I love the ‘09 sedan! I just didn’t like the styling of the gen x sedan at all.
Sponsored