First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata
Country flag
Hello

1.) Within the same trim lines (17 ex vs 18 ex vs 19 ex, 17 st 18 ST vs 19 ST) for the hatchback, is there is no exterior differences between the years 2017, 2018, and 2019 model? Hard to tell by photos.
2.) What are major differences between the years for internal stuff (again, ex vs ex, st vs st)? I've gathered Honda Sensing is optional on EX for 17, 18 but standard on 19, and that '19 adds physical buttons for HVAC and volume. And that '19 fixes the oil dilution problem for the turbos.

Trying to decide which trim and whether used/new because I like some of the ST stuff like leather seats (actually being comfortable vs the cloth), rain sensing wipers, power seats, aesthetics. But new ST's are $27ish and I'm not paying that much for a civic, especially a '19, so I am looking at used for those for sure.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ST comes with Honda Sensing since launch (2017), center dual exhaust, dark Si wheels, and leather. Any trim below ST (non-Sport hatch) comes with different wheels and no center exhaust and Sensing is optional.

ST trim hasn't changed since 2017 so best bang would be buying used at around 21k (MY 2017) if you like something loaded with leather.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bags

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata
Country flag
ST comes with Honda Sensing since launch (2017), center dual exhaust, dark Si wheels, and leather. Any trim below ST (non-Sport hatch) comes with different wheels and no center exhaust and Sensing is optional.

ST trim hasn't changed since 2017 so best bang would be buying used at around 21k (MY 2017) if you like something loaded with leather.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true
Thanks. The 2017s and 2018s ST near me did seem well priced.
Sponsored