Did Something Blow Up?!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
for all the hardcore believers on this forum who do not believe there is an issue with too much fuel mixing with our oil, well in his case there was and it fucking destroyed his block.
point to one post where someone said too much fuel mixing wont hurt the engine? Just ONE. People have sad some some dilution is normal, and it is, its direct injection. But people who are going 10,000 miles on the same oil are asking for it. Pretty sure most everyone knows too much fuel breaks down the protection of the oil and the end result is the guy above.
Sponsored

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
for all the hardcore believers on this forum who do not believe there is an issue with too much fuel mixing with our oil, well in his case there was and it fucking destroyed his block.
Uhhhh what

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
[QUOTE="BoostedSiCoupe, post: 552422, member: 18736"]for all the hardcore believers on this forum who do not believe there is an issue with too much fuel mixing with our oil, well in his case there was and it fucking destroyed his block.[/QUOTE]

You are mistaking fuel dilution for no oil in the engine...

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
BoostedSiCoupe said:
For all the hardcore believers on this forum who do not believe there is an issue with too much fuel mixing with our oil, well in his case there was and it fucking destroyed his block.

You are mistaking fuel dilution for no oil in the engine...
That's why I plan to fit an oil Pressure Gauge.

Agreed it's not NECESSARY (unless you are racing maybe), but it would be "NICE" to have ....
By the time the Low Oil Pressure light comes on when the engine is running, chances are, the damage has already been done over previous days of low oil pressure.

ANYTHING I can do to keep the Car away from Dealership Mechanics, the better for my car ( and me).
It seems that taking your car to the Dealer is like visiting a Hospital .. you tend to leave sicker, with more thing wrong, than when you went in !!

Last edited:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
It seems that taking your car to the Dealer is like visiting a Hospital .. you tend to leave sicker, with more thing wrong, than when you went in !!
A lot of the "mechanics" at a car dealer are kids out of high school who get paid so shitty they don't give a crap and seem to get off scratching paint, running into things, forgetting basic mechanic shit like drain plugs. I bought my Si private party and I don't won't take it to the dealer for anything unless it's an absolute necessity and then it's still maybe. Dealers have never done anything for me except show their greed and lack of professionalism when it comes to customer service and yeah, they'll break your car and still do their best to give you a rotten experience trying to fix what they broke!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
A lot of the "mechanics" at a car dealer are kids out of high school who get paid so shitty they don't give a crap and seem to get off scratching paint, running into things, forgetting basic mechanic shit like drain plugs.
100% agree.

The KID that is doing your Oil change is not your ASE Trained & Certified Honda Auto Mechanic, that you would hope to be working on your car.

Those that work in the detailing department are typically even worse, unskilled, out of work drifters, who have not reason to care about how well the detail your car ..
They get little to no training, and just "pick it up" as they go along, and your car ends up being what they learn on !!
NEVER let a Dealer detail, or even wash your car .

Since most on here are owners that DO care, that probably means EVERYONE here !!!

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I've just gotta ask as I honestly don't know the consensus reason: Why would you let the Honda dealership change your oil? I go to Walmart as I trust them way more than the Honda dealer, Jiffy Lube, or all the other ripoff fast lube places. I know what people say: Walmart is cheap, has a bad reputation, and I'm sure there are horror stories from them as well but they've always treated me well, provided good service, and they don't try to sell a bunch of crap I don't need.
There, I just did it. I recommended Walmart as a place to get oil changed and not the dealer but in my opinion(and probably millions of others) the dealer has well earned their crappy reputation from the reception at the front door to the "mechanics" out back and I enjoy life just fine by NEVER going there again.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Highly dependent on the dealer's service manager and who he hires. I prefer not to waste my time dealing with recycling and cleanup vs. paying $20 to take to a team I have a personal relationship with. And the paper trail makes its way on the Carfax history report.

For many of us, oil changes are one of the few low margin tasks we can pay others to do just as well, providing we know who's working on it. :cool:

Boogs

I like to drive, fast
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP, 1966 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2016 Kia Sorento EX
This was an error at that dealership unfortunate for everyone involved. Tech didn't install the drain plug properly and it came out along with the oil resulting in excessive and premature wear, plain and simple. The dealer is doing the right thing by advocating for the OP.

OP
OP
OverX

OverX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This case was "fuel deletion" lol.
Just to clarify it was mostly at the cause of having no oil in the motor when i lost the drain bolt. The fuel dilution i think just made it 10 times worse.

I've just gotta ask as I honestly don't know the consensus reason: Why would you let the Honda dealership change your oil? I go to Walmart as I trust them way more than the Honda dealer, Jiffy Lube, or all the other ripoff fast lube places. I know what people say: Walmart is cheap, has a bad reputation, and I'm sure there are horror stories from them as well but they've always treated me well, provided good service, and they don't try to sell a bunch of crap I don't need.
There, I just did it. I recommended Walmart as a place to get oil changed and not the dealer but in my opinion(and probably millions of others) the dealer has well earned their crappy reputation from the reception at the front door to the "mechanics" out back and I enjoy life just fine by NEVER going there again.
I personally have been taking my car there for oil changes because i have a bunch of free oil changes with them. Otherwise i usually get mine done at a local mechanic who's in his 50s and has probably done hundreds lol!

Boogs

I like to drive, fast
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP, 1966 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2016 Kia Sorento EX
If your local dealership treats you like that and forces unnecessary services or products on you than you need to find a better dealer. Certain services like brake services, brake fluid replacement, or whatever the maintenance reminder is telling you aren't up selling, it's what the car requires. However it's your car and you need to do what you feel is right. I always dealer service my vehicles unless it's older like my 66 VW or a hobby car that I'm driving and wrenching on. The truth is that places like Walmart and Jiffy lube have licensed techs but most don't even know the technology in the cars that they are servicing and it's not their fault, the cars are so advanced and different from brand to brand it's not feasible or possible for a generic tech to know everything let along how to reset an oil reminder notification without using Google or YouTube (yes I've seen it)

Getting your oil changed at a dealer goes a long way when you do actually have an issue and you need them to go to bat for you.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The dealer NEVER goes to bat for you here in the U.S..but they do TAKE the bat to you!
Thats not true, there are multiple stories of dealers helping people out. You just never hear about it because the angry people scream loudly and the satisfied people just move on with their lives.

OP
OP
OverX

OverX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thats not true, there are multiple stories of dealers helping people out. You just never hear about it because the angry people scream loudly and the satisfied people just move on with their lives.
I can second this as my new motor didn’t end up being covered under warranty. The dealership sucked up the cost (about $12k which they should have) and also put the stone chip film across the entire car and detailed the car for the disservice.
Sponsored