Did I overpay for my CTR? What did you pay and final price once done paying?

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
paid msrp _ 8.75 % tax
badge 13517 all odd numbers

bought all weather mats and cargo tray with cargo net on ebay for 170 bucks
Sponsored

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Just paid $34,233.50 out the door excluding tax (I'm out of state so will pay sales tax directly when I register the car). Purchased 11/10/18. 2018 CW CTR.

Price breakdown is:
Vehicle price: $33,950
Doc fee: $250
Title fee: $33.50
Wiat so you saying you paid under MSRP with no mandatory add ons? Can you post details? If so congrats you might be the first official person to pay under MSRP for a new R.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
I paid over MSRP and the car was on the show room floor a total of 3 hrs before it was sold. While I was in the process of buying the car, I had two separate people come up to me and ask if I was buying the car because they have come to purchase it as well. The salesmen also had to call everyone else that was coming to look at the car to tell them the car was gone. The dealership was first come, first serve and I got up and drove the 3.5 hrs to get there at opening time.

The odd thing was I was in Louisiana for a funeral the day before when I got the call that the car had come in. My cousin told me to call the dealership behind his neighborhood and see if they have the car. It turns out their sister dealership had the car in the color I wanted for MSRP but refused to sell it to me after I told them I would be registering the car in Texas. I called the sister dealership directly and was told the exact same thing. They want to sell cars to people in their area only. Three weeks later, I got a call from the dealership asking if I was still interested in a Type R as they had changed their company policy and now where willing to sell to someone out of state. I told them they lost the sale three weeks ago and had already purchased the car elsewhere.

Last edited:

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please for the love of God, stop paying more than MSRP for ANYTHING let alone a car! When a consumer willingly pays more than what the car is worth it sends the message that dealerships can continue to scam all of us and it destroys any fair market value for those who can afford MSRP but not a mark up. I personally won't buy a car for more than $1,000 less than the MSRP in the case of my 2016 LX Coupe I paid 1800 less than MSRP, got the blue book and 800 for my trade and .9% interest for the amount I financed. Pro tip, buy your car on the last day of the month, they are desperate to get as many cars off the lot as they can that day. Also, have financing in place before you go and don't mention a trade in until the very last second. Once you've ground them down as much as you can surprise them with you're magical trade. Otherwise they will just dick with the numbers on the trade to cushion the payment to convince people to buy cars they can't afford.

jinderC

Paid MSRP in Canada
No extra fees
Feeling good about that
They even promised to toss in free tint and exhaust install (when I get the 2019)

Deleted member

Please for the love of God, stop paying more than MSRP for ANYTHING let alone a car! When a consumer willingly pays more than what the car is worth it sends the message that dealerships can continue to scam all of us and it destroys any fair market value for those who can afford MSRP but not a mark up. I personally won't buy a car for more than $1,000 less than the MSRP in the case of my 2016 LX Coupe I paid 1800 less than MSRP, got the blue book and 800 for my trade and .9% interest for the amount I financed. Pro tip, buy your car on the last day of the month, they are desperate to get as many cars off the lot as they can that day. Also, have financing in place before you go and don't mention a trade in until the very last second. Once you've ground them down as much as you can surprise them with you're magical trade. Otherwise they will just dick with the numbers on the trade to cushion the payment to convince people to buy cars they can't afford.
The value of something is determined by what people are willing to pay for it, not MSRP. One person committing to not paying above MSRP doesn't mean much when the next guy will. To some people a few grand is completely meaningless in the grand scheme of things when compared with how much of a pleasure the car is to drive and own.

This isn't ideal for people looking for the best deal but really if you want the best bang for the buck buy used.

Last edited by a moderator:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
The value of something is determined by what people are willing to pay for it, not MSRP. One person committing to not paying above MSRP doesn't mean much when the next guy will. To some people a few grand is completely meaningless in the grand scheme of things when compared with much of a pleasure the car is to drive and own.

This isn't ideal for people looking for the best deal but really if you want the best bang for the buck buy used.
And the ridiculous notion that people who pays ADM are emboldening other dealers to continue marking up cars...this notion is F-ing ridiculous as Honda is not stupid!! They know they have a HOT PRODUCT on their hands, and they don't need other dealers to remind them to MARK SHITS UP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Wiat so you saying you paid under MSRP with no mandatory add ons? Can you post details? If so congrats you might be the first official person to pay under MSRP for a new R.
That is correct. I think I posted all the details haha. Car was the last 2018 they had at Ganley Honda in Cleveland and they didn't want it to sit through the icy winter there when people probably aren't looking for a car like that. Great dealership, I wish they were closer so I could go there all the time.

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Prices are definitely going down since the first wave of cars. I had paid 41K OTD with no add-ons back in 10/2017.