Did I overpay for my CTR? What did you pay and final price once done paying?

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Paid 38k OTD for mine back in May. Worth it?

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I overpay for my CTR? What did you pay and final price once done paying? oh_yeah_macho_man
Sponsored

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
$40K OTD when I got it July 2017, that was when the car was recently released and every dealership within 6 hr driving radius was charging no less than MSRP + $5K, so I was happy.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
don't over think it and be content. What if it wasn't a good deal? Are you going to return it? Part out? lol We all going to give you different feedback, so no point really. You bought it, you have it, be happy.
Good deal has many meanings. For me, it depends on where you're located. I think i got a good deal. I paid as much as you did. I got the best experience of my life and i would do it again w/ the same dealer. Some random person on the internet will say we're losers and we got suckered. So what? who cares? lol Someone else will say we're all idiots for getting a 37k civic, y not AWD golf R or focus RS?

Move on, enjoy the car.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy crap. That's awesome that your dealership allowed you to pay with your CC on half of the purchase price. I wished mine did. They would only allow the deposit for CC charges.
Normally $3500 max but know owner so we’re friends ;-)

6starwars

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2017 Tacoma
Country flag
Paid $38k OTD in January. Included were window visors, wheel locks, red shift knob, all season mats, & cargo tray.

slrosenfeld

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, red
Country flag
Hope this doesn't make you feel bad, but I'll provide the info in case someone else can take advantage. I found a dealer in Mansfield, Ohio willing to let a new 2018 red CTR go for $900 UNDER sticker (number 17,408, odometer reads 8 miles). The only silly mark-up they do is charge $95 to put nitrogen in the tires, no other extra crap. $37, 546 tax, title, out the door. Talk to Gary Dwyer. He seemed like a pretty good guy--said they were willing to offer that price to get my business because they knew I'd be coming from far away (about 200 miles from where I live). May also be that the reds are in slightly less demand?

Anyway, I ended up getting a lightly used 2017 RR from a great guy in Ann Arbor who took meticulous care of the car (thanks Johhny!) and offered some great add-ons (clear film over the front end, set of 18 x9.5 inch wheels with 265 Continental performance tires worked into the deal), and I didn't have to worry about the break in. Just loving the car, and the red is totally growing on me. Gets all kinds of attention (so far, all of it positive) and I'm highly motivated to keep the paint looking it's best, cause it really sparkles when it's clean.

Here's the link to that new RR at Mansfield Motors in Ohio--still available as of tonight. Gary said I could feel free to mention the deal he offered on this post, and he'll honor it for anyone who's serious about buying.

http://www.hondaofmansfield.com/new...c+Type+R-a87980b40a0e0adf0bdf930b5301c967.htm

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
OP - enjoy ur car, u r still young which is something we can’t buy with money for sure Congrat!!

Any plan for ur new car? Now u really should do ur hw well and ask for advice on here b4 jumping on it. Good luck n i bet the car would sound great in the NJ turnpikes :thumbsup:

db220

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I think paying over MSRP for any car is not a good deal. I'm waiting until they are a dime a dozen and in the meantime I'm happy with my Civic Hatch that I got below MSRP.

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
MSRP is made up and is merely a guess on the basis of the manufacturer. If they guess wrong and the car has to be discounted off list nobody complains or cares. If they guess wrong and the price is too low and dealers ask over MSRP everyone loses their minds.

Whether you paid over or under MSRP doesn't matter. You have gotten a massive amount of joy from a highly desirable car that is arguably the best FWD vehicle ever produced much earlier in the sales cycle than many others. What is that worth to you? I say enjoy it and don't worry if it was the best deal ever reported here because it is definitely not the worst!

CRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic
Country flag
I paid 43k otd for my 2018, a good deal would be no markup lol.
You Americans are getting hosed. 24 months from now that car is probably going to be worth 26K. There are a double digit number of them in Ontario for MSRP right now.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
You Americans are getting hosed. 24 months from now that car is probably going to be worth 26K. There are a double digit number of them in Ontario for MSRP right now.
26 is a stretch, maybe low 30s because as long as it is a unicorn and faster than a Subaru STI, its not going to be cheaper. I think the price may dip for a few years but this car will be a classic in the long haul. For the record, unless you are lucky 26k won't even get you a clean 20 year old Integra Type R. It all depends on what Honda does in the next few years that will have the biggest impact on the Type R value.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Anything over MSRP is overpaying. This isn’t a rare Porsche 911R or something.

$34,945 MSRP paid plus usual 7.5% sales tax and doc fees here. Out the door was $37K something paid half on Amex card and half cash.
How did you got the dealer to let you pay with AMEX card? I tried to do that with my wife's SUV and they only let me put 3k on it.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Hello im always wondering if I ended up over paying for my Championship White CTR. When I wen to the dealer (New Jersey) and the sticker was marked up to 50k. I told them the car is not worth more than 40k to me meaning id be willing to pay a 5k Mark up. We ended up settling on 39k if I took it that day (offered 25k down payment cash). Once I'm done paying I would have spent 44-45k on this car. Did I get a good deal? Its a 2018 by the way 13959.
anything over MSRP is overpaid.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello im always wondering if I ended up over paying for my Championship White CTR. When I wen to the dealer (New Jersey) and the sticker was marked up to 50k. I told them the car is not worth more than 40k to me meaning id be willing to pay a 5k Mark up. We ended up settling on 39k if I took it that day (offered 25k down payment cash). Once I'm done paying I would have spent 44-45k on this car. Did I get a good deal? Its a 2018 by the way 13959.
You didn't get a good deal, but as long as you're happy who cares.

I live in south jersey and all the dealers by me wanted a 5k markup + a VEK charge of like 4k.

I went over to PA and got a CW for MSRP +1K, still in their warehouse in bubble wrap and no dealer bs addons that ALL had near me. 6 different people came to the dealership to try and buy the car while I was negotiating/signing paperwork. 2 stayed the full 6 hours I was there hoping the deal would fall through.
Sponsored