Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
We were at a red light with my girlfriend and apparently I drove back into this lady when she clearly drove into me. The only way I could have drove into her was if I put the car in reverse because the road was flat so the car even without holding the brakes wouldn’t move back or forth in neutral. We called the police and I decided to not make a report. I felt as if the police was siding with her since I’m only 23 and she was like 40-50 even though I was super calm about the situation. I have ocd about my car and take care of it like crazy but I decided to let it go and not risk taking the blame somehow and have insurance skyrocket. Did I do the right thing?

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I do the right thing? (Accident) 10039D7C-EE6B-49B2-856F-FDFF6E6B0026

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I do the right thing? (Accident) 19FF919B-15F6-4249-9FFA-533885488019

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're sure the road is level, let insurance handle it. If it's not your fault, your rate won't go up. I'm assuming you've copied down the other party's info, license plate number, etc. Alternatively, you can let it go and fix it yourself with some touch-up paint. There's also the risk of the other side reporting to their own insurance and blaming it on you. At that point, you'll no choice but to report it to your own insurance.

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
90% of the time with a rear-end collision like that they will side with you.... Sitting at a red light, no way whatever bullshit story she says sticks with an insurance company. I'm just sorry your car had to suffer :/

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
90% of the time with a rear-end collision like that they will side with you.... Sitting at a red light, no way whatever bullshit story she says sticks with an insurance company. I'm just sorry your car had to suffer :/

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure about NJ but in TX if you’re rear-ended it’s the person in the back’s fault like all the time. Sucks that your CTR got hit.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I find it hard to believe an insurance company will not side with you on this. This happened to me once and when I called the insurance company they wanted details as to what happened. As soon as I told them I was at a light and someone ran into the back of me they instantly said I'm not at fault.

HOWEVER***. If you do go through insurance, even though its not your fault, the car will have it on its record as having been repaired. So think about that from a selling point of view.

Looking at the pic, looks like the mark is on the plastic so at least it wont rust and maybe a touch up will be sufficient.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
They will almost all the time side with the person who got rear ended or at worst a 50/50.

Similar thing happened to my mother back before dash cams were a thing. Some 80+ year old guy was in a straight line and wanted to get into the left lane to turn so he put it into reverse and drove straight into the front bumper.
He called his insurance and claimed that my mother had hit him from behind and after all was said and done, they claimed a 50/50. It was a bunch of BS.