Did I break her?

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Service technician told me to take it in to exchange it for a new one a month before the warranty expires
/comes back month prior to warranty expiration. "Nah, we never said that." "He doesn't work here anymore."
Sponsored

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For sheer value and convenience, Costco batteries. Service technician told me to take it in to exchange it for a new one a month before the warranty expires even if it's good. Very very hard to beat that.
I've purchased a few batteries from Costco and never been told that, but to each his own. I wouldn't bank on that, but regardless, their batteries have always done me well while being cost-effective.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I've purchased a few batteries from Costco and never been told that, but to each his own. I wouldn't bank on that, but regardless, their batteries have always done me well while being cost-effective.
True. Before I purchased my own membership, I used my father's Costco membership to buy tires for my car. They needed a rotation so I called them in advance of my visit to be safe that I could take it in without my father's presence. Tech on the phone said yes but of course I show up and (must have been) a different tech tells me no and that the tech I spoke with on the phone shouldn't have told me that. So yeah. I'll temper my expectations when it's time to try that.

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In my Volvo, I brought my car to have a spare tire put in my trunk. After he was done my car wouldn't start and displayed all sorts of crazy error messages. I was dumbfounded because what does putting a spare tire in the trunk have to do with the electrical system in the car?

Turned out that the car needed a new battery and that the lights in the trunk and in the car (had passenger side door open) drained the battery just enough to get it into this fine state.

So the battery drain from testing and installing the lights could have done something similar.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Wanted to give yall an update.

I had an odd suspicion that the ac converter I have plugged into my car outlet was causing an issue. I unplugged it and two days later no warning lights! Could be a coincidence but it seems like it was draining the battery. I still have every intention of getting a replacement battery but it seems like I found the route of the problem.
Sponsored