Did Honda went cheap on the paint?

AVR

I feel like every time I drive my car and come back I get a new scratch. I had one not even 24 hours after I bought it a big chunk on paint missing by the door. I am glad the dealer cover it up but since then I got 2 other ones. Did Honda only put one coat of paint?

gtman

I know you're new here so as an old time CivicX'er, let me put it simply (there are probably dozens of threads on this)...

Our paint sucks monkey balls.

I have a dark car as well and have never had a car chip so easily.

oberstja

My Civic is my daily and as expected over time you'll encounter chips and dings there. Let me just say that out of all my cars that I've owned, the paint on my Civic is by far the weakest. Paint correction is an option I have considered, but for now i'm just touching up any big issues I encounter with a paint pen.

ulieq

The black scratches something fierce. Saw a scatched black hatch in the dealership, dealbreaker.

Hondanickx

I use my car daily for work and do a lot of highway .The amount of Paint chips after 5months was worse then my 20year old Civic once was.
After seeing this i opted to get it glass coated with N-Xtc.Since then i only got 1 Paint chip extra.
The detailer who did my car said the paint wasn't that thin but it was very soft.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Civic are a low budget car.
Expensive Civic have just more gadget than the basic Civic.

McDavid

I've read somewhere that environmental regulations has changed the paint, so not sure how much Civics issues are b/c of that

ulieq

Dang just did a walk around and noticed a crapload of paint chips on the front bumper hood and above the driver door. WTF 3500 miles only.

coo1rim

Yeah, Japanese never learned the art of painting with robots. I remember back in the 80s, when My dad was first to successfully put clear coat on wet paint in his test line, back when Magna only had 3 fractures. 30 years later and they still haven't figured it out.

Amazon

Yeah, Japanese never learned the art of painting with robots. I remember back in the 80s, when My dad was first to successfully put clear coat on wet paint in his test line, back when Magna only had 3 fractures. 30 years later and they still haven't figured it out.
My Cobalt has a better paint job than any of my Hondas or Mazda did, it has less chips and scratches in in after 2 years of ownership than my Si, S2000, or MS3's had after just 6 months and I babied the hell out of them. Hate to say it, but the best paint job I've ever had on a Honda was an aftermarket $500 budget job done on my 97 Prelude lol. Shit was thick and didn't like to chip.