GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Not interested in any drag racing, but I'll be doing some HPDE events at Motorsports Ranch when my car hits 1000 miles. Gotta take advantage of the cooler weather before temps start creeping up. The CTR has overheating issues lapping road courses unfortunately. Will probably need a Redline Water Wetter coolant flush this spring, too.
That’s awesome, not sure if you’ve seen but FULL RACE came out with after market radiator and intercooler, unless you plan on staying stock.
Sponsored

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
That’s awesome, not sure if you’ve seen but FULL RACE came out with after market radiator and intercooler, unless you plan on staying stock.
I had one of FR’s digital ATTESA ecus in my R32 GTR. Good products :) I’m hoping not to go down the rabbit hole of this turning into another project car, though, as the CTR is my daily.

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I had one of FR’s digital ATTESA ecus in my R32 GTR. Good products :) I’m hoping not to go down the rabbit hole of this turning into another project car, though, as the CTR is my daily.
How much is a membership for that track you’re going to?

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
How much is a membership for that track you’re going to?
I wouldn’t be joining as a member, they’re events hosted by Driver’s Edge for the weekend. BMW and Porsche club also rent the track and hold events. They usually cost about $325 or so to attend and include class time as well as laps with an instructor.

https://www.thedriversedge.net/

EDIT: Got the price wrong, it's gone up since the last time I've owned a track-worthy vehicle!

Last edited:

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I wouldn’t be joining as a member, they’re events hosted by Driver’s Edge for the weekend. BMW and Porsche club also rent the track and hold events. They usually cost about $325 or so to attend and include class time as well as laps with an instructor.

https://www.thedriversedge.net/

EDIT: Got the price wrong, it's gone up since the last time I've owned a track-worthy vehicle!
That looks pretty awesome, I will definitely have to check this out.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Thanks again for all the feedback regarding local dealers. I did end up choosing Ft Worth Honda, paid more than I wanted to but better deal than any other dealer. I've had her for a week, drives great.

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW IMAG0090
Honda Civic 10th gen DFW IMAG0089

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Dang, I wonder what Honda of Ft Worth was charging for Type Rs? I got tired of calling around dealerships in my area (and casually around the tri-state area) and went only as far west as N Richland Hills (Huggins Honda) before giving up and paying the few thousand markup at Lute Riley.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last I heard, Honda of fort worth was charging 5k over. I took delivery of #230 from Huggins on Thursday for Msrp plus $1,500 in accessories. I was first on their list and passed on three colors until my color came in. They kept their word on our deal from day one.
Honda Civic 10th gen DFW 20171102_162824

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I had to pay $1017 installed (plus $184 for side moldings that wasn't included in my purchase deal) for my accessories and ADM was roughly $2000 at Lute Riley. Would probably have passed except they bumped up my Audi trade-in close to its NADA value. Considering the leaks that needed fixing still, I figure it was a wash. I checked in with Huggins and I think I'd mentioned to you that 18 other people ahead of me had put down $1000 deposits. I can't understand why as I doubt 18 Type Rs came into the entire DFW area for all of 2017.

TXMeg24

Gig 'em
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2008 (RIP); Shopping for new Civic Si 2018
Avoid David McDavid at all costs. Never once have I had more trouble with a service department or a sales department. absolute pain.

In lighter topics, Honda of Denton has been great to me.
What kind of trouble did you have with the Sales Department? Just curious as they are one of the dealerships I have been emailing back and forth negotiating pricing for a new Civic Si. I am not from the area, so wouldn't be using them for service if that matters.

TXMeg24

Gig 'em
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2008 (RIP); Shopping for new Civic Si 2018
Just bought my Si last month in the McKinney Honda dealership! I live in north Dallas and haven't seen another Si. I originally wanted a sgp hatch in manual but that was impossible to find
What was your Out-the-Door? Just curious since I am looking at any within a 250 mi radius, and the Dallas(ish) area seem to be coming in lowest with prices so far. I also can't decide if I should wait until December for a better price or if it would even matter....

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What kind of trouble did you have with the Sales Department? Just curious as they are one of the dealerships I have been emailing back and forth negotiating pricing for a new Civic Si. I am not from the area, so wouldn't be using them for service if that matters.
My previous car, a 2002 Accord SE was required to come in for the airbag recall. It's a concerning safety problem, so I took it to the closest dealership as soon as possible. Unfortunately for me, that just so happened to be McDavid. Upon handing my keys over to the service department, sales swooped in trying to get me to let go of my beloved daily driver. I got the full lecture on how I needed all the latest tech, needed all the extra space, and needed whatever else the new (pre-2018) Accord had. Obviously, as a poor high schooler, I did not need all of the space and extra power and whatever, nor could I afford it.

Flash forward an hour and service tells me that there is a critical problem with the car and they can't let me take it because of the immense danger that would entail.
Given that I knew the things that were wrong with the car, or so I assumed, I had him describe this cause of sudden and utter death that would occur if he gave my my keys back.
Just as I thought, an old car had old gaskets. Nothing special. I had actually already ordered the head gasket in question to be shipped to my house, but he wasn't letting the car go. Hours of debating later, I finally got my poor Accord back where I was then informed that they did not have anymore of the parts to replace the airbags.

Avoid McDavid unless you want to end up in service depoartment hell

And now for sales...

When the time came to say goodbye to my four banger family sedan, I shopped around D/FW looking for a solid deal before I shot off to college. Civic HB it was, sport trim preferred. Off I went to search for a good deal. A dark grey car appeared on the McDavid lot for $23,000 so I tried to get it a bit lower. They weren't having it and insisted that I would find no better deal in the area.

Little did they know that I had an EX lined up for a much fairer price in Denton

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Any recommendations on getting tint done? If i remember correctly the place i heard good things about was ProTint in Plano.

Thanks

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any recommendations on getting tint done? If i remember correctly the place i heard good things about was ProTint in Plano.

Thanks
Ive had Audio Depot in Arlington on Matlock do all my cars the last 10 years. Never had an issue one. Even Vandergriff Honda uses them

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Lute Riley is doing a special on tint right now (or were as of last week) for $199 and it looks good on my Civic.
Sponsored