DFW

utparatrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
It may not show up on the public Honda VIN search but it should show up on the VIN inquiry dealerships have access to. If it doesn't show up on the VIN inquiry then I would assume your not of the affected VIN range.
I was just at the dealer this morning for an unrelated issue and asked about the TSB. They looked up my VIN in their system (I don't know if this is different than what we can do online) and nothing showed up.
Sponsored

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I was just at the dealer this morning for an unrelated issue and asked about the TSB. They looked up my VIN in their system (I don't know if this is different than what we can do online) and nothing showed up.
The dealership uses Honda's iN network, so the VIN inquiry we get shows everything about the car. From what dealer it came from down to what the last warrantied part was replaced. Like I said in my previous post, if the TSB does not show up in your VIN inquiry, then you are not eligible or part of the VIN range affected. That being said, I would hold off asking about the bulletin for at least a good month or two. Being that this TSB was released not too long ago for American Honda, it may not show up now but as revisions keep coming out, the VIN ranges will get more specific and your VIN may become eligible.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The dealership uses Honda's iN network, so the VIN inquiry we get shows everything about the car. From what dealer it came from down to what the last warrantied part was replaced. Like I said in my previous post, if the TSB does not show up in your VIN inquiry, then you are not eligible or part of the VIN range affected. That being said, I would hold off asking about the bulletin for at least a good month or two. Being that this TSB was released not too long ago for American Honda, it may not show up now but as revisions keep coming out, the VIN ranges will get more specific and your VIN may become eligible.
Im assuming this is like the CRV update, and if so that started at 5 states in the North and then expanded to 16. And as Ive said to others, if you car is affected, you are going to get a notice in the mail. and as you know Im sure (assuming you work at a dealer?) your dealer isnt going to do repair work that they wont be reimbursed for on this TSB

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Im assuming this is like the CRV update, and if so that started at 5 states in the North and then expanded to 16. And as Ive said to others, if you car is affected, you are going to get a notice in the mail. and as you know Im sure (assuming you work at a dealer?) your dealer isnt going to do repair work that they wont be reimbursed for on this TSB
Yes it is like the CRV update, i check on that TSB myself atleast twice a week for revisions since I have a 17' Si coupe myself. I know for actual recalls, they do send notices via mail. As for product updates, I'm not sure. Yes I do in fact work at a dealer, and no if your civic is out of factory warrany (60k 5 year powertrain) they will not be reimbursed as they can not claim is as warranty work. Being that it is a product update and not an actual recall as of current date, there is no extended coverage as most recalls have...for example it will state that American Honda extended warranty coverage to 7 years 100k miles. I'm sure they will eventually put a warranty extension if they get alot of civic/crv owners already out of warranty. They did it for 09-10 Pilots when they had the compliance bushing TSB, extended mileage/year to 100k 7 years. Anything after 2009-2010 just got 100k mileage extension.

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just saw someone in Fort Worth, near Rosedale and Magnolia. I was in my 19 Black SI. You had a CivicX.com license plate frame.
That's my neighborhood, I'm just a few blocks from there... but I have a Lilo and Stitch license plate frame! (the things we do for our daughters)

BTW, there's a yellow CTR that's always parked at a business down the street, I lust every time I see it.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys Chris from Houston here wanted to let you know our monthly Civicx meet will be happening on Sunday January 20th at Torchy's Tacos (Katy Green) location. 19111 KATY FREEWAY, SUITE 100, HOUSTON, TX 77094. Just in case any of you are in town or down to come. We hold the meets once a month!

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Coupe. 2018 JL Rubicon. 1988 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Hey ya'll! I'm in Burleson and Moving to Coppell soon. Just got the SI and joined the forum. Playing catch up, now gotta go back and read this whole thread.

Currently Driving:
2019 SI coupe
2018 JL Wrangler
1988 K5 Blazer

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WHo here had their PRL turbo put on their white SI at Alamo Autosports? Saw your car on their facebook page. Also saw a MSM SI getting a hondata tune from them

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dudes name is Michael. Not sure what his name is on here though. He posted it on Facebook DFW Civic Social Club.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a reminder guys we will be having the Houston monthly 10th gen meet on Sunday! Everyone is welcome!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

T-Lo9385

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a eibach lowering spring for the Si coupe for sale. I’m trading in my car for the accord sport. I’m selling for $120. Let me know if someone is interested and be local please. They install at Texas Tire and I have about 15k on them. Thanks. Comes in original box.

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Is anybody selling a single Si Rim and Tire? I plan on taking a roadtrip next month and would like to have a full size spare in case something were to happen
Sponsored