DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I think one of the reasons why the OEM ones are rated poor is because of the excessive glare. The OEM LEDs on the civic actually throw light further down the road than the ILX's.
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/civic-4-door-hatchback
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/acura/ilx-4-door-sedan
The Civic Led lamps are reflector lighting so it's really not the best for output.

I'm not sure how that website gets the figures but from real world experience having both of those cars personally, the ILX headlamps shine farther and brighter than the Type R lamps.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Leap16

Leap16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got my DEPO touring LED headlights installed!
This headlights definitely made my car look more aggressive and I really love the look now.

Previously, I had OPT7 LED and XenonDepot HIDs but I prefer this DEPO LEDs more and I don't think I will change it anymore.

The illumination of the road is more even in my opinion. The output is reasonable and I think it is just a matter of preference at this point.

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models IMG_3665

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models IMG_3667

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models IMG_3677

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models IMG_3691.JPG

jxshva

The Black Pearl WOP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
These look soooo sick man I want them on my all black ex-t also

I finally got my DEPO touring LED headlights installed!
This headlights definitely made my car look more aggressive and I really love the look now.

Previously, I had OPT7 LED and XenonDepot HIDs but I prefer this DEPO LEDs more and I don't think I will change it anymore.

The illumination of the road is more even in my opinion. The output is reasonable and I think it is just a matter of preference at this point.

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3691.JPG

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Would be interested in getting more reviews on these. So far the feedback had been that the output isn't great

Last edited:

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
After almost two months of having mine, I still don't like the output but it has gotten better after I adjusted the drivers side headlight a little. I think it would be even better if I raised it even more but I don't wanna risk blinding incoming traffic. The redeeming features are the cool look and LED turn signal bar that I really like and that's basically the reasons I haven't removed them. If you want great output you should probably get HIDs but if you like the look and can live with an almost reasonable output IMO then go for it. In my dark neighborhood these are great but they don't project well on a semi lit road but if you commute in a well lit area it really shouldn't be an issue. I don't know how they compare to the OEM halogens because I had an LED kit that I put on the car the second day I had it and I feel like even those outperformed these headlights.

Just my thoughts I'm probably gonna end up keeping them at least until I get around to doing a retrofit with the oems.

OP
OP
Leap16

Leap16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
These headlights definitely will make the car look more aggressive.

-LED turn signal are absolutely amazing.
-Light output in my opinion is more widespread and distribute evenly. HID had more of a throw but not light up evenly with hotspots on the road so it was distracting to me.
-The headlights are definitely aimed too low. I readjusted it higher (maybe too high) and now it is definitely better.

jxshva

The Black Pearl WOP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
The vehicle looks so good with them on. Too bad the output is lacking. If I spent money on upgrading lighting, it would have to be retrofit
Are there retrofit upgrades available atm? is so link your faves.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To those who have the depo headlights... how are they holding up? Any issues?

Jigga

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I actually just bought these lol. They gave a pre order discount and for $480 what I paid I think it's worth it compared to the price of oem. I've been waiting for awhile and if these even just last for 5 years I would be happy compared to having a replace HIDs or LED kits every couple of years (even though I've heard of some kits lasting longer).
Hey how are they holding up thinking about getting them

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have had absolutely no problems with the headlights as far as function goes. However, I still think the output is awful even after adjustments especially in rainy weather which luckily we don't get much of where I live. Besides that they work great still lol
Sponsored