Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue?

Which side do you have a dent on?

• Left

Votes: 54 22.9%
  • Right

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • Both

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • None

Votes: 102 43.2%

• Total voters

Sakilla

First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
2018 civic SI here. Same problem! I'm afraid of bringing my car in to see a PDR and have it happen again. Has anyone found some type of solution here? I'm in socal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? image2

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

VaderLifts

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
I bought a new 2018 SI sedan last week and then within 400 miles noticed these dents on the driver side and then a couple days later on the passenger side. Called the dealership and explained what was goin on and that it seems to be an issue with a lot of sedans but of course was told they had never heard of this issue but would get back to me. A day later they called me back wanting me to drop it off on Tuesday because they had a Honda rep coming in and wanted him to look at it. Later Tuesday they called and said the Honda rep didn't hesitate to cover it and have it fixed by their PDR guy and it was ready to be picked up. We'll see if they come back.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bringing this thread back to life. I still have mine have not done anything to fix it yet or take it to Honda. Any others out there with this issue?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Bringing this thread back to life. I still have mine have not done anything to fix it yet or take it to Honda. Any others out there with this issue?
Had a small parking lot ding on right quarter took the Honda and their paintless dent removal guy change me 75 bucks

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
I have this issue and I can tell you EXACTLY what happened. That part of the body is weak and thin af. I dented it myself by laying my hand on it when I bend down reaching into the rear seats to grab my gym bag. It literally warped because of that...I popped it back but damage is done. it's not the same smooth surface compare to the passenger side anymore.

I can say in confidence that all of the people in this thread got the dent/warping there due to them or someone else doing exactly that. Freaking sheet metal is like paper thin in that region with absolutely no support underneath.

Never happened to ANY car I drove and owned. not even the older civics. Honda is cutting too much corners IMHO.

JG5895

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
This dent is also on my car, same spot as a lot of others on this thread. Above the rear passengers door. I leaned on it while putting my toddler in the car seat.

jorgelee66703

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017, 2019 and 2020 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I have same issues with my 2019 Civic LX 6500 miles no accident
always garage kept. They are above the passenger rear window. I submitted a issues concern to Honda, we see what they answer.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? dent civic

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? Concer

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got them on my 2018, and had them on 2017. They weren't there when I got either of them. I just assumed having to park under a tree, that has huge hard monkey balls and squirrels that toss acorns, that that was what it was from, but now I gotta wonder.
I have a coupe and they are in the exact spots on both cars.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked my 2019 Si and I have the exact same spots described. Mind you I had to really look for them. 3,000 km on my odometer.

Dont really know if I did anything to cause them, because there’s no signs of other dents. So my guess is it’s thin sheet metal as stated. I’ll probably contact Honda at some point this week.

jorgelee66703

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017, 2019 and 2020 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I would say This issue is definitely factory defected because It is not a coincidence case that many Civic owners have same spots of dent (all of them are above of rear window). Do not ask if those dents were hit by ball or some one laying on it. It can be happened one car but amount of civic at different place!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? Cristian Calderon

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? Eli Bax

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? George Lee

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? Major Kin

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? William Costa

Kobe

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic ex
Country flag
i also have the dent. called honda and they put me on hold for a long time so i hung up. it sucks!

Ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just checked my 2019 si sedan and also have a dent ): 12k miles in

NkryptD0n3

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Platinum White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked my 2019 Si Coupe and it doesn’t have them on the C pillars or anywhere that I couldn’t find. Rock chips yeah bc the paint is straight garbage but luckily no dents that I found.

Also, when I was living in Indiana I had an unlimited monthly car wash and washed my car just about every day. I would notice my spoiler flexing and shaking when going through the dryer but no dents that I can see. Next time I hand wash the car I’ll be sure to pay close attention to check for dents. I’ll report back if I find any.
Sponsored