Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue?

Which side do you have a dent on?

• Left

Votes: 54 22.9%
  • Right

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • Both

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • None

Votes: 102 43.2%

• Total voters

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB 1.5 Sport CVT
This appears to be a long thread, so it is not so easy to get the answer by reading it all the way from the beginning. So please let me ask this: Is there any Civic Hatchback owner who has these dents in his car? It is rumored that this problem is limited to the sedans and I do not have them yet but I am starting to develop a paranoia for them. Twice or three times every day, I waste two minutes of my life walking around the car and examining it to see any possible dents.
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
see post #264
Don't worry about this, enjoy the car and IF it happens address it then.
Life is too short to worry about the little stuff.

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB 1.5 Sport CVT
see post #264
I could not really figure out whether this post was intended to answer me or not, but assuming that it was so, I have to state that, in my country (Turkey), resale value is one of the biggest concerns of car buyers. This is mostly because cars are very very expensive here, when compared to our purchasing power. It is a big investment for us and a better resale value means a better partial return of our investment. Because of this, we Turkish Civic users are very anxious about the subject, because if it happens, it will slam down our cars' resale values.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I could not really figure out whether this post was intended to answer me or not, ...
It was. My point is it's too late to be worried about "the issue" - you've already bought the car. Try to avoid issues you can control - where you park, drive, etc - and avoid risky situations that could damage your car or worse.

GaryIndiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Don't worry about it ??
I spent over $20k for this Honda.
I expected better quality. Not a pice of crap. The engineers had their heads up their (a@@) on this one.
What other crap did they over look??
And you say not to worry about it!!
REALLY , did you think this it through before you posted your thoughts..

see post #264
ont

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Reread post #274 - What can you do by worrying about something you have no control over? Remember the quote "... and the Wisdom to know the difference."

GaryIndiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Reread post #274 - What can you do by worrying about something you have no control over? Remember the quote "... and the Wisdom to know the difference."
I Do have control. People ( we ) do have control. Its called a Class Action Lawsuit.

For fun google Honda Class Action Lawsuit over 1 Brake Pad 2 Rear Control Arms 3 Tires 4 A/C Defects.

See, WE do have control over things like this, You need to stand up and take action..

Thanks

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You're right - and apparently you're doing, or proposing doing, something.
Did worrying over a dent that hasn't happened, or (add anything else) that hasn't happened, make you feel better?
If we were to have an issue with our car we'd take it in for servicing or repair. If I heard of a car like ours which had an issue, I might ask my dealer about it; but I certainly wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

roro40p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 TYPE R-11883
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my car has this too and on both sides ...... anyone recently had this ... did dealer fix or are they giving everyone the run around

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
my car has this too and on both sides ...... anyone recently had this ... did dealer fix or are they giving everyone the run around
Mine had the dent from day 1 but since it was caught before delivery, the dealer marked it as an item to be fixed post delivery and they did paintless dent repair and got it looking right. If I had known the car had the dent I wouldn't have signed the paperwork but it was only discovered during final prep and the paperwork was already signed off on. Brand new car off the truck at the dealership too - they didn't realize the dent was there with the protective wrap on it. Its similar to MikeATL's from page 1 - above the B pillar, driver's side.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My Si was manufactured by Honda of Canada 6/17, i have zero dents on either side of my car. i have taken the car through at least 40 car washes at this point, and have taken a 100 mile trip with 4 people in my 4dr sedan. i am currently just over 10k miles. sorry to all of you that are dealing with this issue.

roro40p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 TYPE R-11883
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i keep looking at other civics as they drive trough ..... I've seen so many with the same damn dent .... SMH

roro40p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 TYPE R-11883
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just noticed these dents on my 2017 SI sedan, same location as all the other posters, for me its on both sides above the rear passenger doors and little wing window. Light dents/rippling. Mine was civic made in Canada 6/17. Has anyone had any luck with Honda addressing this? Looks like maybe one person in this forum was able to have it repaired under warranty? Mine has 2400 Miles. I have used a drive through car was 2 times, just noticed today, supper bummed, I cant unsee them now.

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG
mine are exactly the same and same location , driver side is like wavy and i got a small one on the right side , took it to dealer on Saturday but i have to take it back on Monday

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Soft metal it dents very easily. I have dents on both sides back pillars and the right side fender.

I will post pictures.