FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
There’s several people in the 11’s with auto transmissions bone stock.

I’ve never seen a Type-R run a 13.5 stock.
Every auto publication and even time slips on various forums prove the SS runs 13.3 - 12.8 in stock trim. Maybe 11s with slicks and a squeeze of NOS but not in stock trim. The specs of the SS don't even add up to running a 11s if you do the math. The SS is a fun car no doubt but it isn't close to running 11s. As far as the R's 1320 it's 13.5 - 13.7 and there's proof out there.

Last edited:

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Traditionally:

Sports car : small 2 seater, rear wheel drive, manual transmission

Muscle Car: 4 seater. Rear wheel drive. V8.

Hot Hatch: FWD, 4 Cylinder.

imho, The Type R fits best as "hot hatch".

That said, its a shame you get the stink eye for having a different take on what car you prefer. "Car guys" should get along.. but clearly biases exist. I don't take my old sports car to "cruise nights" for that very reason. I don't need to deal with some 80 year old in his '57 Chevy for whom that was clearly the best era a car could be built in.. and he doesn't hand out with his dad who thinks Brass Era (1910-20s) era cars were the best.

Similarly, a coworker found out I love "racing". To that person, it was drag racing. To me, its sports car or single seat racing.. same theme, different execution.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Every auto publication and even time slips on various forums prove the SS runs 13.3 - 12.8 in stock trim. Maybe 11s with slicks and a squeeze of NOS but not in stock trim. The specs of the SS don't even add up to running a 11s if you do the math. The SS is a fun car no doubt but it isn't close to running 11s. As far as the R's 1320 it's 13.5 - 13.7 and there's proof out there.
Come again, brah? Bone stock A8’s...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rbhOb25NPRBooNL6PBN1S9dwBdZxDp8K1Ewy_QVhZGo/htmlview

Last edited:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
The origin of the muscle cars was big cubic inch engines in everyday cars, cars that could drag race on Friday nights and still get groceries during the week. It wasn't until the late 60's and early 70's that the big 3 realized what they had and started making better versions and trimming them down to make real "performance" cars. Performance in the American terminology meaning fast in a straight line.

Nimble cars with solid power, cars that go around corners, are generally called sports cars. Usually these are two door cars, but not necessarily. When you think sports car, the BMW M3 and the Corvette are pretty much the poster children of that segment.

Touring cars are another segment, these are quick cars that are comfortable to live with on a day to day basis. Mid level Audis and BMWs would be considered touring cars.

Basically, no, a CTR isn't a muscle car.

If anything, it could be considered a sports car or a touring car. For its power, it sucks in a straight line, but decimates much more expensive cars around corners.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Good grief, this is wacky.

A car does not have to be American to be a muscle car. There have been plenty of Australian muscle cars over the years.

A Civic is not remotely a muscle car in any way, shape, or form.

Find a cars and coffee or other car meet in your local area that accepts all makes and models.

Some muscle car guys may never like your car, and that’s OK. You can instead treat them with kindness by taking an interest in what they’re doing. You might learn something and they could too.

/Thread

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Plus muscle cars drop in value about 10k in just one model year. And are always one owner away from grey paint and a trailer park.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Was referring to a SS not a Camaro SS. It might help to be more clearly since they're completely different cars.
They make LS SS’s in 02? Seems like you were following along okay?

Even the OP/troll seemed to be able to follow the context.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They make LS SS’s in 02? Seems like you were following along okay?

Even the OP/troll seemed to be able to follow the context.
Ouch did ya have to out troll in there? I'm only "trolling" the comments that cant comprehend the OP and that it has nothing to do with muscle car title but muscle car owners attitudes. So really who is wrong here? I figure if they cant read then I can "troll" them. Funny troll gets thrown around alot. If I disagree, I disagree I'm allowed, does not make me a troll. Plus how can I troll my own post? I'm allowed to reply. Actually you are the one having an off topic discussion in my thread sooo....

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
OP, you should take your CTR to a truck meet and then stomp your feet cause nobody cares that your car is fast and can go around turns.

You're trying to blend with the wrong crowd. The jocks dont want you sitting at their table, so move on.

Last edited:

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I don't classify the r as a muscle car and I also don't think it's necessarily "better" one way or another. I prefer the r to muscle cars but that's just a preference. I also don't need it to be the best as each and every drive justifies it's value to me.

I also get lots of "eyes" (a good portion being stink eyes) but it doesn't bother me. I actually thinks it's kind of comical how much some folks scrunch their face to "advise" me of their disapproval in my choice of car. It's all good because the drive is what matters to me and what a drive it is!

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP, you should take you CTR to a truck meet and then stomp your feet cause nobody cares that your car is fast and can go around turns.

You're trying to blend with the wrong crowd. The jocks dont want you sitting at their lunch table.
Like the rest you seem to miss the fact that this was a car meet period. Not a muscle car meet. I was not trying to crash a muscle car meet. It just happened that only muscle cars showed up. Jesus read people.
Sponsored