OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Yes any car from a Japanese car company in existence on american soil is an import. Doesn't matter whether its a Nissan GTR or a geo prism.

Another quick google search explains that to us as well. The import scene or import racing scene or tuner scene refers to the American subculture that revolves around modifying imported brand cars, especially those of Japanese brands.
the 2019 ford focus will be 100% Chinese built and IMPORTED in but it is a domestic car? and the 2019 civic sedan is built in Indiana but it is an IMPORT. Makes sense.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. I read it all. Maybe you should read what you wrote.

Good luck changing the opinions of the "Billy Bob sleep with your sister no where and basically these people suck" people that you crave so badly.
you must own a mustang.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
the 2019 ford focus will be 100% Chinese built and IMPORTED in but it is a domestic car? and the 2019 civic sedan is built in Indiana but it is an IMPORT. Makes sense.
Whether you like it or not is up to you. But imports are imports and muscle cars are muscle cars. You whining about it is not going to change that. Your honda civic is not a muscle car and it never will be so deal with it. If you want attention from the muscle car crowd get a muscle car, if you want attention from the import crowd show off your civic. Not sure why this is complicated to you.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really think people miss the point of my post seriously. Its the over all attitude of the Muscle car owner that ticks me off. here let me put it another way. Same town there is a car club for british cars, you know good old mother England cars. I went to it since my R was made in england. They thought it was a hoot. everyone talked and had a great time. They enjoyed the cars. it was about the cars. it was fun. Not at these merica car meets. It aint merican it aint shit attitudes.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Sucks how people look down on you for bringing a your car to a meet, but I believe you're mistaken. The definition of a Muscle Car is a car with a big engine up front (V8), RWD, mean/aggressive looks, and a is meant to only do one thing, sound like a beast and be a highway cruiser. Your Civic is not by any stretch a "Muscle Car", it is a front wheel drive, turbo-4 cylinder hatchback that just happens to have killer performance. Muscle car guys by definition have always been conservative with their thoughts about other cars, its a part of the car scene. Sucks but its just true. EDIT: Also wanted to add that no one buys a muscle car for their lap times, nor are they marketed for their lap times, they just aren't made for that. Quoting a Dodge Challenger laptime around a track is pointless, because they did not engineer it for that so there it isn't even a talking point. Both the Civic and Muscle cars are two very different things made for two very different purposes. No one on earth cross shops a Dodge Challenger and a Honda Civic Type R lol.

PAX CTR

Just another CW CTR
First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
300+ horses worth of muscle, flex that shit!

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And lets throw another one in there. The dodge viper. american made bigger better stronger then any muscle car . it is a domestic product not imported and guess what. It is considered a sports car. So is the corvette. I dont think anyoen accually knows.
300+ horses worth of muscle, flex that shit!
Damn Straight brother LOL

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sucks how people look down on you for bringing a your car to a meet, but I believe you're mistaken. The definition of a Muscle Car is a car with a big engine up front (V8), RWD, mean/aggressive looks, and a is meant to only do one thing, sound like a beast and be a highway cruiser. Your Civic is not by any stretch a "Muscle Car", it is a front wheel drive, turbo-4 cylinder hatchback that just happens to have killer performance. Muscle car guys by definition have always been conservative with their thoughts about other cars, its a part of the car scene. Sucks but its just true. EDIT: Also wanted to add that no one buys a muscle car for their lap times, nor are they marketed for their lap times, they just aren't made for that. Quoting a Dodge Challenger laptime around a track is pointless, because they did not engineer it for that so there it isn't even a talking point. Both the Civic and Muscle cars are two very different things made for two very different purposes. No one on earth cross shops a Dodge Challenger and a Honda Civic Type R lol.
Thank you for your sensible reply. My main point wasn't that i think this car or what ever car is or is not a muscle car it was about the attitudes of "muscle"car owners. particularly in my area. They seem to think the moniker Muscle car is the top tier and no other car is better. Now back in the 50s and 60s maybe so the title had its place. But in the modern world to classify a car a muscle and it is greatly out performed by many other cars is a bit dated. the whole muscle car, import, domestic was not my point. and by calling my car a muscle car I simply meant that if the definition of muscle meant performance and kickassery then yes my R is also a muscle car. I see cameros and mustangs pull into meets with imports and they are welcome and people talk to them and its about the cars but when an import goes to a domestic car meet they just are not welcome the same way.
the one reason i compared the dodge was because i mean if your gonna have an attitude about your car then maybe the 80k car should well be all that and my point is that it is not.

But back to the muscle car debate LOL so after some internet research seems that even 4 or 6 banger mustang and cameros are considered muscle cars and American cars you would think all muscle cars like the viper and corvette are not they are sports cars. So it seems Muscle cars classification on modern cars as I know tons of older cars are) is only for cameos, mustangs and the various dodge regard less of their power. and people think I am making it confusing LOL. seems they dont know either LOL

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Uh oh, the "me too" movement has moved into the civic honda. Why would your R to be labeled as a muscle car? Its better than that and shouldnt be associated with those things that are only known for going fast down a straight line while they waste half a tank of gas driving from one stop light to the next with an exhaust that sounds like its missing and a monthly trip to the repair shop.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Uh oh, the "me too" movement has moved into the civic honda. Why would your R to be labeled as a muscle car? Its better than that and shouldnt be associated with those things that are only known for going fast down a straight line while they waste half a tank of gas driving from one stop light to the next with an exhaust that sounds like its missing and a monthly trip to the repair shop.
LoL you complete me.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Except a car like the Mustang GT PP2 can do a shit ton more than drive in a straight line. These aren't your grandpa's muscle cars these days.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Except a car like the Mustang GT PP2 can do a shit ton more than drive in a straight line. These aren't your grandpa's muscle cars these days.
Yeah but cost to performance ratio the r still has it beat. When you compare dollar to dollar not much beats the R. I mean if I poured 80k into the R to bring it up to the dollar value of these performance muscle cars it would rule them all.