Dear Muscle cars, My R is a muscle car too

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Most people have no idea what a CTR is so there is no surprise you get weird looks when you roll up to a muscle car meet. Most people think it is just another Civic.
It is a civic...CIVIC TYPE R. It’s in the name.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I think muscle cars are just a term made up because the people who tend to buy those type of cars. Usually guys with Mohawks and small penises.
Bwahaha. Guess that's why I have always had 4 bangers with quiet exhausts. I dont need the extra attention.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My engine is 100 percent made in USA Ohio. More so then some Muscle cars. So....it is also 100 percent built in England. Is it still a import there? Can they call it a muscle car? Is it Japanese even no nothing on it was built there? American cars aren't American either. Most every car out there is a feankinstien of parts from everywhere.
A quick google search tells us why the ctr isn't a muscle car. If you really want to get technical about it. It has 4 doors, a small displacement engine and it's Japanese.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is a civic...CIVIC TYPE R. It’s in the name.
Yes true dat. And I own the fact it's a civic. Unlike those who try to hide it by removing the civic plate and claiming oh um yeah its cleaner looking yet dont remove anything else lol.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Bwahaha. Guess that's why I have always had 4 bangers with quiet exhausts. I dont need the extra attention.
You don't need extra attention? Yet you go to a car meet and get upset when your car isn't accepted as a "muscle car".

You have yet to tell us exactly what was said to you at the meet. I feel like this may be in some part in your own mind.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
and it's Japanese.
But is it? Like I said, engine US totally assembly England. The R is more English then most English cars. So what makes it Japanese? Its parent company? Hu.. Ford owns Mazda. So Mazdas must be American. Plus base civics not the R are built and sold here. Not imported at all. Build by American workers in American plants...they still an import?

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You don't need extra attention? Yet you go to a car meet and get upset when your car isn't accepted as a "muscle car".

You have yet to tell us exactly what was said to you at the meet. I feel like this may be in some part in your own mind.
You have never gone somewhere and felt shunned and unwanted with no one saying a word? I go because Cars!!! I like cars. My point is they all got sticks up thier asses thinking the only cars that exist and matter is thier own. Cant stand the snobbery. American muscle car owners are kind of like flat earthers. This complete conviction into something that the rest of the world knows simple is not true.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have never gone somewhere and felt shunned and unwanted with no one saying a word? I go because Cars!!! I like cars. My point is they all got sticks up thier asses thinking the only cars that exist and matter is thier own. Cant stand the snobbery.
So nobody actually said anything to you? You are just upset that people who obviously love and prefer "muscle cars" didn't come over to you and ask you about your car (which is not a muscle car)? Are they not allowed to have their own likes and dislikes? Maybe they don't like your car at all and are trying to be polite by not saying anything at all? Did you go over to them and show any appreciation for their cars?

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So nobody actually said anything to you? You are just upset that people who obviously love and prefer "muscle cars" didn't come over to you and ask you about your car (which is not a muscle car)? Are they not allowed to have their own likes and dislikes? Maybe they don't like your car at all and are trying to be polite by not saying anything at all? Did you go over to them and show any appreciation for their cars?
Dude. Way off base here. It was a car show period. Just that around here all that seems to go is the stang and camero crowd. No one said anything particular it was the vibe. And yes I looked at and talked about thier cars. I have owned 3 mustang's including a cobra and 2 cameros . I live in Billy Bob sleep with your sister no where and basically these people suck. But im.not gonna let it stop me from going to car meets. I'm simply venting against thier small minded it ain't American it ain't shit attitudes. When American cars really aren't all that or the best.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dude. Way off base here. It was a car show period. Just that around here all that seems to go is the stang and camero crowd. No one said anything particular it was the vibe. And yes I looked at and talked about thier cars. I have owned 3 mustang's including a cobra and 2 cameros . I live in Billy Bob sleep with your sister no where and basically these people suck. But im.not gonna let it stop me from going to car meets. I'm simply venting against thier small minded it ain't American it ain't shit attitudes. When American cars really aren't all that or the best.
Go to a Camaro or Mustang forum and demand respect. Or invite these guys to a track to prove your point?

I live in a rural area and your sweeping generalizations and silly insults are making you come off as the one with the problem. Not them. If you feel like you aren't getting the respect you demand then maybe go buy a "muscle car" yourself. It seems like you want the attention of the owners of those types of cars. If these people "suck" so bad, then why do you want their respect. Maybe they can sense the way you judge them?

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
But is it? Like I said, engine US totally assembly England. The R is more English then most English cars. So what makes it Japanese? Its parent company? Hu.. Ford owns Mazda. So Mazdas must be American. Plus base civics not the R are built and sold here. Not imported at all. Build by American workers in American plants...they still an import?
Yes any car from a Japanese car company in existence on american soil is an import. Doesn't matter whether its a Nissan GTR or a geo prism.

Another quick google search explains that to us as well. The import scene or import racing scene or tuner scene refers to the American subculture that revolves around modifying imported brand cars, especially those of Japanese brands.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go to a Camaro or Mustang forum and demand respect. Or invite these guys to a track to prove your point?

I live in a rural area and your sweeping generalizations and silly insults are making you come off as the one with the problem. Not them. If you feel like you aren't getting the respect you demand then maybe go buy a "muscle car" yourself. It seems like you want the attention of the owners of those types of cars. If these people "suck" so bad, then why do you want their respect. Maybe they can sense the way you judge them?
well not sweeping or general. I specifically said the town I am in. If you came here you would see. Two respect I could not care less about I simply want to go and enjoy cars with out feeling I am looked at with disapproval because I have a Honda. Own a Muscle car? um id you even read my replies? I have owned more then several. And I am not judging them they are judging me which is the bases for my posting all of this... did you even read my post?

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes any car from a Japanese car company in existence on american soil is an import. Doesn't matter whether its a Nissan GTR or a geo prism.

Another quick google search explains that to us as well. The import scene or import racing scene or tuner scene refers to the American subculture that revolves around modifying imported brand cars, especially those of Japanese brands.
Well the internet said so , so must be accurate. I can also quote google searches that say the earth is flat so...

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well not sweeping or general. I specifically said the town I am in. If you came here you would see. Two respect I could not care less about I simply want to go and enjoy cars with out feeling I am looked at with disapproval because I have a Honda. Own a Muscle car? um id you even read my replies? I have owned more then several. And I am not judging them they are judging me which is the bases for my posting all of this... did you even read my post?
Yes. I read it all. Maybe you should read what you wrote.

Good luck changing the opinions of the "Billy Bob sleep with your sister no where and basically these people suck" people that you crave so badly.
Sponsored