Dear Muscle cars, My R is a muscle car too

Issa_si

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 civic si
Grinds your gears doesn't it ? Kinda like the disrespect I keep getting. Plus it means nothing and is totally made up. The car started life as the panther.
I see why they disrespect you. Cause you don’t even know how to spell a word so common and basic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Well if you would read more you would learn the name camaro is totally made up. They just wrote down meaningless C words and picked that one.
Incorrect.

The name Camaro was reportedly derived from Heath's French and English Dictionaryas a term that translated to "friend" or "comrade." Reporters were told by GM product managers that the term also meant "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs." And the stage for the rivalry was set.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see why they disrespect you. Cause you don’t even know how to spell a word so common and basic.
So let us see if anyone reads this or not before responding. So as I have started several times and no one seems to read, my post is about the way domestic car owners or muscle cars in my own personal experience, seemed to treat imports, specifically my R, at shows with disrespect and turned up noses even though I was there to enjoy all cars and delighted in seeing theirs. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with that I actually thought my car was a muscle car. I was simply being childish like them , sorta like a 5 year old will go "am too, am not" . I was simply doing that as well, saying that ok if your gonna be rude and shitty to me then hey guess what my performance import is a muscle car too since it will school most of your cars.

Now I came here so at least some understanding from other import owners that I am sure have to some degree experienced this themselves. instead my own community turned on me because the focused on the totally made up pointless part of my post instead or reading it , understanding it, and seeing it was about domestic car owners attitudes at shows. so yes you all (most) showed me massive disrespect first. once that happened and since no one send to understand the point f the post and continued to harp on the muscle car part i figured ok well lets roll with this them.

Now a few people did get the point of the post (thank you smart people for your reading comprehension skills) and I replied to those post with kind replies as well and thanked most of them. as for the Camero Camaro. It got auto corrected on me once but I saw it annoyed the guy so yeah I ran with it. If I cant have respect then I give no respect. I have never once in a reply to anyone (unless they were to me) been ugly mean or insulting. We should all respect our group even when we dont agree.

Yes I post some crazy posts so what? This forum gets boring with yet another Here is my Exhaust, window tint, tires thread. I just want to get people talking and interacting and this thread did just that. well except for the ugliness that crap needs to be checked at the door.

I must say though I love the internet, I love how everyone jumps into a conversation with wiki,internet,google search info and acts like its their own expert knowledge. No body has their own information anymore and just blindly believes everything on the net. I did a research paper on it when i was doing my clinical rounds. I was in several surgeries where I saw the operating room staff (Including the doctors) google anatomy and how to do things. That is some scary crap right there. My point quit quoting google search as fact, there is plenty on the net that is far from fact.

Last edited:

PWSi870

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
IMO, Muscle cars are considered to have V8s/American Made etc.. i feel you tho. I’m very proud of my car everywhere I go. I’m not going to any meet ups or anything but I read all over this forum on how quick the CTR is. I own an SI but am still lurking on the CTR forums. Congrats to everyone who purchased the hot hatch!

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Incorrect.

The name Camaro was reportedly derived from Heath's French and English Dictionaryas a term that translated to "friend" or "comrade." Reporters were told by GM product managers that the term also meant "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs." And the stage for the rivalry was set.
well if ya would have read more that was false. it was totally made up. it was just what they told people. when competitors found it was false they searched themselves and found means that were less flattering so chevy settled on the mustang eater thing. in reality it was a made up word which is stated in just about everyone of those articles yall keep googling if ya would read the whole thing. gottas stop just reading enough to prove your point and actually get all the facts.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO, Muscle cars are considered to have V8s/American Made etc.. i feel you tho. I’m very proud of my car everywhere I go. I’m not going to any meet ups or anything but I read all over this forum on how quick the CTR is. I own an SI but am still lurking on the CTR forums. Congrats to everyone who purchased the hot hatch!
Yeah get you one and then come with me to a domestic car meet its a hoot ! Kidding. it really is a fun car I traded my Si for it and havnt regretted it once. Yeah V8 I would say muscle car but its strange even the 4 and 6 cylinder chevy and fords are in that category technically. While the Viper and the corvette all american rear wheel v8 cars are not? who knows. IM beginning to think no one does and a muscle car is more a state of mind then a actual car out side of the 60/70s cars. even the legit replies on this thread cant seen to agree fully on exactly what a muscle car is.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
So let us see if anyone reads this or not before responding. So as I have started several times and no one seems to read, my post is about the way domestic car owners or muscle cars in my own personal experience, seemed to treat imports, specifically my R, at shows with disrespect and turned up noses even though I was there to enjoy all cars and delighted in seeing theirs. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with that I actually thought my car was a muscle car. I was simply being childish like them , sorta like a 5 year old will go "am too, am not" . I was simply doing that as well, saying that ok if your gonna be rude and shitty to me then hey guess what my performance import is a muscle car too since it will school most of your cars.

Now I came here so at least some understanding from other import owners that I am sure have to some degree experienced this themselves. instead my own community turned on me because the focused on the totally made up pointless part of my post instead or reading it , understanding it, and seeing it was about domestic car owners attitudes at shows. so yes you all (most) showed me massive disrespect first. once that happened and since no one send to understand the point f the post and continued to harp on the muscle car part i figured ok well lets roll with this them.

Now a few people did get the point of the post (thank you smart people for your reading comprehension skills) and I replied to those post with kind replies as well and thanked most of them. as for the Camero Camaro. It got auto corrected on me once but I saw it annoyed the guy so yeah I ran with it. If I cant have respect then I give no respect. I have never once in a reply to anyone (unless they were to me) been ugly mean or insulting. We should all respect our group even when we dont agree.

Yes I post some crazy posts so what? This forum gets boring with yet another Here is my Exhaust, window tint, tires thread. I just want to get people talking and interacting and this thread did just that. well except for the ugliness that crap needs to be checked at the door.

I must say though I love the internet, I love how everyone jumps into a conversation with wiki,internet,google search info and acts like its their own expert knowledge. No body has their own information anymore and just blindly believes everything on the net. I did a research paper on it when i was doing my clinical rounds. I was in several surgeries where I saw the operating room staff (Including the doctors) google anatomy and how to do things. That is some scary crap right there. My point quit quoting google search as fact, there is plenty on the net that is far from fact.
I think it's just you. I've been to countless events in So Cal (home to some of the most elite car cultures) and never get that vibe. Ever.

Whether the MS3 or Si, I have no problem striking up conversations with total strangers of varying backgrounds. That includes those obsessed with straightline performance. Part of it is because I'm fairly transparent in my respect for varying degrees of performance and utility.

My suggestion is to leave your ego at home (which is on full display here) and just enjoy being in the presence of fellow enthusiasts. I suspect you'll see a lot less nosehairs during your visits. ;)

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think it's just you. I've been to countless events in So Cal (home to some of the most elite car cultures) and never get that vibe. Ever.

Whether the MS3 or Si, I have no problem striking up conversations with total strangers of varying backgrounds. That includes those obsessed with straightline performance. Part of it is because I'm fairly transparent in my respect for varying degrees of performance and utility.

My suggestion is to leave your ego at home (which is on full display here) and just enjoy being in the presence of fellow enthusiasts. I suspect you'll see a lot less nosehairs during your visits. ;)
I totally agree, and I think it is location really. To know me in person and not in text on a forum, I have many friends and an ego would not be the a trait they would say I have. I honestly believe it's mostly my location. This town is not really known for being friendly to anyone not born and raised here regardless of common likes . Maybe you have seem the video of the guy punching out the 12 year old girl. That's my town..sigh. and that was only one of over 1600 police calls to that mall last year. Asheville itself is ok but the areas around it... are some of the nastiest unfriendly people. I just need to move. Lol. My college which I was a intake person for and student counselor. We lost many students who moved here then turned right around and moved back due to how this place treats people who were not born here.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well if you would read more you would learn the name camaro is totally made up. They just wrote down meaningless C words and picked that one.
Ok, fine, I'll give it to you that they made up the name Camaro and then found meaning in it afterword. That doesn't invalidate it. It's still a proper noun and should be capitalized and spelled correctly. Certainly an educated person such as yourself can agree with me there. Or are you going to argue that, too?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, fine, I'll give it to you that they made up the name Camaro and then found meaning in it afterword. That doesn't invalidate it. It's still a proper noun and should be capitalized and spelled correctly. Certainly an educated person such as yourself can agree with me there. Or are you going to argue that, too?
Nope not gonna argue. I explained it in another post why I did.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
A muscle car is a mid size car with a big block V8 it was idea the auto manufacturers came up with to compete in the NHRA go straight fast basically take a Chevy chevelle put a 396 or 427 or 454 in it
Mustangs Camaros Cuba’s are performance cars the type r is a performance car and a extremely good performance car but I could see the muscle car reference a basic car civic with a larger turbo charged engine
Like a basic Chevy chevelle with a big block

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
never refer to the ctr as a muscle car.. thats an insult to the ctr.

muscle cars are big boats that handle corners like a yacht, driven by high school jocks and dudes with mullets.
Sponsored