Dealerships selling Hondata tuned new Sis?!?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Were you allowed to keep the Tuner? (I’m guessing that’s a no)..And how much did you pay to have it done? I live in London so I’m not far from Kitchener/Cambridge, might be willing to make the drive and do it if they’ll cover it under warranty in case anything goes wrong.
Authorized Hondata Honda dealers only offer the reflash. You only purchase and pay for a tune, not the Flashpro unit.
Sponsored

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Were you allowed to keep the Tuner? (I’m guessing that’s a no)..And how much did you pay to have it done? I live in London so I’m not far from Kitchener/Cambridge, might be willing to make the drive and do it if they’ll cover it under warranty in case anything goes wrong.
I actually got the tune done at London Honda funny enough. I believe it was $700ish? It’s been awhile so they may have changed the pricing. You don’t get to keep the tuner, they just simply reflash it for you.

edit: I didn’t see the other posts, I didn’t know the question had been answered.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually got the tune done at London Honda funny enough. I believe it was $700ish? It’s been awhile so they may have changed the pricing. You don’t get to keep the tuner, they just simply reflash it for you.

edit: I didn’t see the other posts, I didn’t know the question had been answered.
Yeah, I got impatient and decided to research. It’s good that I don’t have to travel far, I live 5 minutes from there :D I’m just waiting to hear back. Hopefully today.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, this Hondata dealer tune is nothing new. Doug at Hondata has been touting this for a year or two. As someone who has used both Hondata and now KTuner there is something to keep in mind...

These reflashes are super basic and limited. When you buy a tuner unit and flash your own car, you can constantly tweak and fine tune. You can return it to stock for emissions tests. If you get a dealer reflash, the dealer would need to return you to stock and then do the tune again afterwards.

For most people, owning your own tuner unit is a better choice. Sure the promise of no warranty loss is great. But blow your engine and let's see if the dealer keeps their word.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
By the way, this Hondata dealer tune is nothing new. Doug at Hondata has been touting this for a year or two. As someone who has used both Hondata and now KTuner there is something to keep in mind...

These reflashes are super basic and limited. When you buy a tuner unit and flash your own car, you can constantly tweak and fine tune. You can return it to stock for emissions tests. If you get a dealer reflash, the dealer would need to return you to stock and then do the tune again afterwards.

For most people, owning your own tuner unit is a better choice. Sure the promise of no warranty loss is great. But blow your engine and let's see if the dealer keeps their word.
Agree with everything other than the emissions testing. It depends on your state, but if the state is only looking to make sure all readiness monitors are set and that there are no codes thrown, there's no need to return to stock for emissions testing. I'd love to see one of these dealer tunes. With the weak clutch on these cars, seems like they're setting themselves up for a bunch of clutch replacements unless the tunes are barely increasing torque. Of course, they'll probably just deny the clutch replacement anyways, calling it a wear item.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I don't know about ya'll but my experience with dealers has always been god awful, dating back to 1988.
My advice? Save money and buy your own tuner unit and flash your Civic the EXACT way YOU want it.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the email back from London Honda for those interested.

$700 plus tax installed, unlimited reflashes if necessary. Will consider it in the future maybe, but for now I’ll wait.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Got the email back from London Honda for those interested.

$700 plus tax installed, unlimited reflashes if necessary. Will consider it in the future maybe, but for now I’ll wait.
If you’re concerned with warranty this is a great route. They treated me very well while I was there. Adjustable launch control, significantly increased low-midrange power, stock boost in normal mode then increased with the sport button. I’d probably still be on that tune if I didn’t keep reading all of the tsp tune reviews lol.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you’re concerned with warranty this is a great route. They treated me very well while I was there. Adjustable launch control, significantly increased low-midrange power, stock boost in normal mode then increased with the sport button. I’d probably still be on that tune if I didn’t keep reading all of the tsp tune reviews lol.
Realistically I probably wouldn’t want to do higher than +6 PSI since if I go higher I’ve read that clutch slippage can be an issue due to the higher power. I want to keep the car ”mostly” stock while I’m still leasing in case I decide down the road I no longer wish to have the Si, and I want to keep my warranty intact, so this is a huge attraction for me even if I don’t get to keep the tuner itself.
I’m very satisfied with stock power so I think the Hondata tune would keep me smiling for a long time ;)

Should I keep the car beyond warranty and beyond the lease, I’ll probably look seriously into tuning, upgrading the clutch and going further with my mods etc...but while I’m in school, nah. Can’t throw away my money at ALL the mods..even though it’s tempting :thumbsup:

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Realistically I probably wouldn’t want to do higher than +6 PSI since if I go higher I’ve read that clutch slippage can be an issue due to the higher power. I want to keep the car ”mostly” stock while I’m still leasing in case I decide down the road I no longer wish to have the Si, and I want to keep my warranty intact, so this is a huge attraction for me even if I don’t get to keep the tuner itself.
I’m very satisfied with stock power so I think the Hondata tune would keep me smiling for a long time ;)

Should I keep the car beyond warranty and beyond the lease, I’ll probably look seriously into tuning, upgrading the clutch and going further with my mods etc...but while I’m in school, nah. Can’t throw away my money at ALL the mods..even though it’s tempting :thumbsup:
I hear ya there. I was genuinely impressed with the hondata tune. I came from a stage 2 STI and I felt the power of the civic in stock form was lacking a bit. After the hondata flash I was totally content with the power level. Once the mod bug bites, it spreads.. hence why I’ve gone even further lol.

Once you do flash it though, I recommend putting it in sport mode, bring up the revs to about 3k while in 2nd gear and then hit it. I’ll guarantee it puts a smile on your face. The low and midrange power was extremely noticeable.

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
I visited a dealership in Ohio today with a Red 2020 Si that they were selling already Hondata tuned off the showroom floor.

I don’t know how I feel about this. Please share thoughts..

PS: i was at the dealership test driving a 2001 S2000. Holy shit 9000 rpm.
Thinking of adding an S2000 to the family as a weekend and errand car. My wife daily’s our 2017 Si while I bike to work. I really could use an occasional car. I miss the VTEC from my old 2000 Si.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I hear ya there. I was genuinely impressed with the hondata tune. I came from a stage 2 STI and I felt the power of the civic in stock form was lacking a bit. After the hondata flash I was totally content with the power level. Once the mod bug bites, it spreads.. hence why I’ve gone even further lol.

Once you do flash it though, I recommend putting it in sport mode, bring up the revs to about 3k while in 2nd gear and then hit it. I’ll guarantee it puts a smile on your face. The low and midrange power was extremely noticeable.
...and tires spinning all the way to the fuel cutoff!

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
...and tires spinning all the way to the fuel cutoff!
The rsx-s i bought 19 years ago was the last fwd i bought and the last fwd I'll ever buy. I do like the Si and CTR alot, very nice cars!
Sponsored