Dealerships selling Hondata tuned new Sis?!?

1. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    2017 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-L
    Authorized Hondata Honda dealers only offer the reflash. You only purchase and pay for a tune, not the Flashpro unit.

AegeanT thanked this.
  2. AegeanT

AegeanT Senior Member

Health Care
    First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic Si, 2016 Honda Civic Touring (sold)
    https://www.londonhonda.com/hondata/

For those in southwestern Ontario or abroad, London Honda does it. I just emailed them to get information and cost. Hoping I’ll hear back tomorrow.

3. SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R Senior Member

Millwright
    First Name:
    SHAYNE
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    I actually got the tune done at London Honda funny enough. I believe it was $700ish? It’s been awhile so they may have changed the pricing. You don’t get to keep the tuner, they just simply reflash it for you.

edit: I didn’t see the other posts, I didn’t know the question had been answered.

4. AegeanT

AegeanT Senior Member

Health Care
    First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    Yeah, I got impatient and decided to research. It’s good that I don’t have to travel far, I live 5 minutes from there :D I’m just waiting to hear back. Hopefully today.

5. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    2017 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-L
    By the way, this Hondata dealer tune is nothing new. Doug at Hondata has been touting this for a year or two. As someone who has used both Hondata and now KTuner there is something to keep in mind...

These reflashes are super basic and limited. When you buy a tuner unit and flash your own car, you can constantly tweak and fine tune. You can return it to stock for emissions tests. If you get a dealer reflash, the dealer would need to return you to stock and then do the tune again afterwards.

For most people, owning your own tuner unit is a better choice. Sure the promise of no warranty loss is great. But blow your engine and let's see if the dealer keeps their word.

6. fenix-silver

fenix-silver Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Si
    Agree with everything other than the emissions testing. It depends on your state, but if the state is only looking to make sure all readiness monitors are set and that there are no codes thrown, there's no need to return to stock for emissions testing. I'd love to see one of these dealer tunes. With the weak clutch on these cars, seems like they're setting themselves up for a bunch of clutch replacements unless the tunes are barely increasing torque. Of course, they'll probably just deny the clutch replacement anyways, calling it a wear item.

7. peterZ

peterZ Senior Member

First Name:
    peter
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
  8. ebhaynz

ebhaynz Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic Si 2017
    I don't know about ya'll but my experience with dealers has always been god awful, dating back to 1988.
    My advice? Save money and buy your own tuner unit and flash your Civic the EXACT way YOU want it.

peterZ thanked this.
  9. AegeanT

AegeanT Senior Member

Health Care
    First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    Got the email back from London Honda for those interested.

$700 plus tax installed, unlimited reflashes if necessary. Will consider it in the future maybe, but for now I’ll wait.

10. SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R Senior Member

Millwright
    First Name:
    SHAYNE
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    If you’re concerned with warranty this is a great route. They treated me very well while I was there. Adjustable launch control, significantly increased low-midrange power, stock boost in normal mode then increased with the sport button. I’d probably still be on that tune if I didn’t keep reading all of the tsp tune reviews lol.

11. AegeanT

AegeanT Senior Member

Health Care
    First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    Realistically I probably wouldn’t want to do higher than +6 PSI since if I go higher I’ve read that clutch slippage can be an issue due to the higher power. I want to keep the car ”mostly” stock while I’m still leasing in case I decide down the road I no longer wish to have the Si, and I want to keep my warranty intact, so this is a huge attraction for me even if I don’t get to keep the tuner itself.
    I’m very satisfied with stock power so I think the Hondata tune would keep me smiling for a long time ;)

Should I keep the car beyond warranty and beyond the lease, I’ll probably look seriously into tuning, upgrading the clutch and going further with my mods etc...but while I’m in school, nah. Can’t throw away my money at ALL the mods..even though it’s tempting :thumbsup:

12. SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R Senior Member

Millwright
    First Name:
    SHAYNE
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    I hear ya there. I was genuinely impressed with the hondata tune. I came from a stage 2 STI and I felt the power of the civic in stock form was lacking a bit. After the hondata flash I was totally content with the power level. Once the mod bug bites, it spreads.. hence why I’ve gone even further lol.

Once you do flash it though, I recommend putting it in sport mode, bring up the revs to about 3k while in 2nd gear and then hit it. I’ll guarantee it puts a smile on your face. The low and midrange power was extremely noticeable.

Gotch thanked this.
  13. rezlab

rezlab Senior Member

Car(s):
    2000 Civic Si
    Thinking of adding an S2000 to the family as a weekend and errand car. My wife daily’s our 2017 Si while I bike to work. I really could use an occasional car. I miss the VTEC from my old 2000 Si.

peterZ thanked this.
  14. Gotch

Gotch Senior Member

Maintenance Manager
    First Name:
    Rob
    Car(s):
    2018 Si Sedan Rallye Red
    ...and tires spinning all the way to the fuel cutoff!

H3llsp4wn707 and SHAYN3R thanked this.
  15. H3llsp4wn707

H3llsp4wn707 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2015 wrx
    The rsx-s i bought 19 years ago was the last fwd i bought and the last fwd I'll ever buy. I do like the Si and CTR alot, very nice cars!

Gotch thanked this.