Dealer installed accessories after purchase?

wantcivXhb-si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback LX 2019
Country flag
Hey Guys,

This might be a silly question but is it possible to get dealer installed accessories not at the time of purchase but later on?

I feel that it is easier to negotiate the price pre-accessories, and at a later time to get the accessories, so that the dealer can't just lower the base price and then gouge you on the accessories.

My followup question to that is, would a dealer install genuine Honda accessories that were not purchased from them? I.e., if I bought the accessories from College Hills Honda, and then took them to a Honda dealer, would they install it? I am not very handy, so I don't mind paying for the labour, but especially for some items, the website prices are humongous compared to the price on the collegehillshonda.com!

I normally don't get many (if any) dealer accessories, but for the CivX HB, I want to get some so this is new to me...

Thanx for any suggestions!
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Yes. But it’s probably not worth it. There might be members that can do simple installs around you. Anytime you involve the dealer, it just sucks. A lot of the Oem accessories have detailed pdf instructions. Read those before hand and see if you want to tackle it yourself or not.

For a spoiler, I didn’t want to drill my own car and I ended up paying an Acura dealer 1 hr labor to install it. So buy the part cheaper online and bring it in to a dealer to install it is totally do-able. Ask for quote before hand of labor charges though...ask around(multiple quotes).

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
You might also ask the dealer if they will match the prices from College Hills Honda. As mentioned, many of the parts come with detailed instructions or videos can be found online. The only issue you may find is that some accessories may require specific tools to ease installation.

Would a dealer install your own parts? you will have to call and ask.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
buy oem parts on ebay. cheaper.

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Most likely would charge the same labor. You can call and ask what does this part cost say illuminated console and what is the install labor price? After you have the breakdown ask.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
i have paid alot of money over the years to have dealers install acessories and what i have learned is they have no more idea on how to install them than me. honda instructions are easy to follow. i do all my own installs now and the job actually comes out right. only reason i would go to a dealer now is to use their restroom. recently saw a post of how some guy paid 150 to have a dealer install a steering wheel, which blows my mind because it is so easy to do, between this site and diy videos there is no reason to go to hack dealer anymore and pay top dollar for sub par work
Sponsored

Last edited: