BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Managed to remove the giant chrome “ED MORSE” with a fishing line, but when I tried to tackle the sticker left on I screwed up my brand new ride :(

I’ve been researching the best method to removing the gunk and I decided to try a plastic razor knife and automotive goo gone.
I put some goo gone on a rag and dabbed it onto the sticker. Left it for a few minutes and started to work with the razor.
I felt some resistance and thought i had the bottom of the sticker, but I accidentally dug into my paint and chipped a small piece.
Really bummed out as this technique wasn’t working so well to begin with, and now I don’t know what to do about getting rest off and fixing this chip.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dealer emblem removal HELP 1AE21527-2BCA-44C8-A069-4E5247E894E2

Honda Civic 10th gen Dealer emblem removal HELP 0FC656F7-2466-495B-B3A1-F2901667A437

Honda Civic 10th gen Dealer emblem removal HELP 3BB2CCAC-1529-4332-94EE-9EB25D4E5E29

Honda Civic 10th gen Dealer emblem removal HELP 8E12161C-7E19-426B-B0A1-1BF43EE9ECD1

bletchlypark

Honda Enthusiast
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2019 Odyssey
Country flag
Use a microfiber tower not a razor blade!

WD-40 also works just as well if not better than goog gone

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Use a microfiber tower not a razor blade!

WD-40 also works just as well if not better than goog gone
It’s a plastic blade. Saw a lot of you tubers doing it. Are you just scrubbing the sticker with the rag?

bletchlypark

Honda Enthusiast
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2019 Odyssey
Country flag
It’s a plastic blade. Saw a lot of you tubers doing it. Are you just scrubbing the sticker with the rag?
spray the product you have let it soak the area. Then rub some off with a clean microfiber towel. Repeat until all the adhesive is gone

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
That much adhesive isn't going to come off in one pass. remove a bit at a time with a clean section of rag and whatever adhesive remover your using.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to get it off with a microfiber towel and goo gone.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I've twice made a dealership remove their ridiculous logo before taking delivery of a new car. They get no free advertising from me. Thankfully this time the dealership just used a crappy plastic license plate frame with their info instead of a decal. That came off soon after I got home of course.

Glad you got it all off. I bet a dab of touch up paint would make that little chip unnoticeable.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
I made it clear to my dealer that I didn’t want it filled with gas and didn’t want dealer stickers on it and didn’t want any more than the minimum miles put on it for their pre delivery safety check.

I enlisted my salesperson and informed him that I considered him to be my agent in the transaction and expected him to act in my best interests.

It’s all about relationships and inclusion.

And the purchase was flawless.

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Oh Jeez, on a R too. Agreed with everyone, if you're buying new tell the dealer you do NOT want it. Too late now obviously. The Dealer themselves may be able to help you remove that - certainly they remove those when they sell their inventory...? Plastic blade with goo be gone would be my last resort, probably work, but who knows what that does to paint!

Good luck! :)

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh Jeez, on a R too. Agreed with everyone, if you're buying new tell the dealer you do NOT want it. Too late now obviously. The Dealer themselves may be able to help you remove that - certainly they remove those when they sell their inventory...? Plastic blade with goo be gone would be my last resort, probably work, but who knows what that does to paint!

Good luck! :)
Plastic blade dig into paint and did a minor chip unfortunately. Got the rest of with goo gone and a microfiber luckily

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Plastic blade dig into paint and did a minor chip unfortunately. Got the rest of with goo gone and a microfiber luckily
sorry to hear about the chip! Hope its minor? Glad the goo got it.... can you talk to the dealer about fixing the paint? Seems like they owe you!

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sorry to hear about the chip! Hope its minor? Glad the goo got it.... can you talk to the dealer about fixing the paint? Seems like they owe you!
Not really worth the 60 mile round trip. Lucky the trunk is plastic and it’s only maybe 1/4” chip. I think some touch up paint would would do the trick

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Maybe try Dr.colorchip to cover that spot?

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
The best way to do this is to use dental floss to "saw" the adhesive between the emblem and the body and then use the GooGone on the remaining adhesive. I've used this method on every car I have owned and it has been flawless.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Goo Gone may be not safe for paint, For any kind of sticker glued on any surface, I use lighter gas. Always safe
Sponsored