drewmarc

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6M
Country flag
Wouldn't buy a used Type R period?... Y'all are starting to sound like the people on Porsche forums who brag that their cars have never seen snow. Like another user said, the type R is meant to be driven hard, so drive it hard. There is nothing wrong with a used CTR as long as you aren't paying a dime over MSRP IMO

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
When I was trying to locate my CTR, I was talking to a salesmen who told me how quickly he was able to get it up to over 100 mph on the highway during a test drive. I crossed that dealership off my list.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
When I was trying to locate my CTR, I was talking to a salesmen who told me how quickly he was able to get it up to over 100 mph on the highway during a test drive. I crossed that dealership off my list.
The salesman isn't wrong, it's really easy to get it to 100 :p It kind of does it without even trying to be honest. That said, if it's new, then yes I'd run for the hills since motors might actually need to be broken in. If it's used and well past its break in period, I wouldn't worry about it really. Personally I'd just ask them to change the oil and tranny/brake fluid. Keep in mind that as long as you're not dropping the clutch every run or money shifting, you can push it every so often and not have the motor completely crap out.

If I had evidence that stuff like this was done, then I'd also ask for a discount as well and use it for leverage (though in reality a drive to 100 wouldn't kill the motor).
Sponsored