Dashboard full of warning lights after light snow drifting??? Help?

Craiglane772

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback Ex
Country flag
On multiple occasions I’ve done light drifting in the snow while there is no issue in drive, in reverse I have about two or 3 good 180’s before I get a dash full of lights saying everything from tire pressure to ABS and brake problems and everything in between you can imagine... my question is does anyone have any ideas on what I should do because when it happens it seems that the car is fine and nothing happened mechanically just in the computer please help
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My hunch is that something got wet. Open the hood, put a fan on it, and hope for the best.

Good luck.

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're fine. The wheel speed sensors were confused with your drifting in the snow.

They are used to seeing your wheels going all the same speed, but your snow burnouts messed that all up. Just keep on driving it'll go away after a while.

Frozen Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit, 2015 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
You're fine. The wheel speed sensors were confused with your drifting in the snow.

They are used to seeing your wheels going all the same speed, but your snow burnouts messed that all up. Just keep on driving it'll go away after a while.
This is likely the case. Your wheel speed sensors detecting large wheel speed variation/ lockups will trigger TPMS, ABS, VSC, and traction control lights. Driving it for a bit should reset the sensor and turn off the lights. If that doesn't work you used to be able to short the obd port to force a reset on older Honda's but you might need a dealer tool to reset the system now.

OP
OP
Craiglane772

Craiglane772

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks makes me worry slightly less still annoying that everytime I wanna mess around that I’m gonna have a dash full of lights and no traction control till they turn off again but thanks anyway

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Do you have the dumb e-brake button? How are you drifting successfully? I'll take all the lights temporarily to have some fun!

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Do you have the dumb e-brake button? How are you drifting successfully? I'll take all the lights temporarily to have some fun!
Turn off the TC, the ice/snow naturally makes the tires slip which makes the car go sideways. Give it some throttle in the spin and you're "drifitng". For extra fun, turn the TC all the way off by doing the pedal dance, maximum smiles per gallon are achieved by doing this.

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never done the pedal dance... I'll have to try it out sometime.
You'll honestly be surprised with how much of a difference it makes when it comes to acceleration. It's not like, tune difference, but it really feels like a different beast.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
On multiple occasions I’ve done light drifting in the snow while there is no issue in drive, in reverse I have about two or 3 good 180’s before I get a dash full of lights saying everything from tire pressure to ABS and brake problems and everything in between you can imagine... my question is does anyone have any ideas on what I should do because when it happens it seems that the car is fine and nothing happened mechanically just in the computer please help
Sensors probably got blocked by the snow and ice. Did the issue go away?

brudacille

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any update? Experiencing this now and can't even use my parking brake to go in the house

OP
OP
Craiglane772

Craiglane772

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any update? Experiencing this now and can't even use my parking brake to go in the house
Not sure if I’m doing this reply right (new too this) but yes it always goes away after 15 mins of driving or so but it’s not fun doing so as I have no traction control while doing the drive to reset the lights but yes it seems to go away after some time driving

OP
OP
Craiglane772

Craiglane772

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sensors probably got blocked by the snow and ice. Did the issue go away?
Yea issue went away and hasn’t came back yet....that is till we get more snow lol

OP
OP
Craiglane772

Craiglane772

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea the e-brake button sucks but if you turn off traction control you can still have a good time in reverse it seems that even in 5+ inches of snow I still couldn’t loose enough grip to fully do anything cool in drive though
Sponsored