ybok

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
After taking my 2017 sport/touring hatchback in to the dealer for the gas in the oil and A/C Control Unit Update I noticed that the dash lights were extremely bright when driving at night. I recall that I had set this to a dimmer setting when I bought the car 2 years ago. I tried to adjust it by turning the mileage reset control but it doesn't have any effect. I have read the confusion about this control where it is effective only at night when the headlights are on and the ignition is on. I tried this a few times and still have no control over the dash brightness. I can control the entertainment screen brightness using the button on top of the display but I can't control the dash brightness. It was fine before the update. Has anyone noticed this problem?
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
It sounds like it’s convinced the headlights are always off, or it’s daytime. Software, or they messed up a connection or sensor. Take it back, and they should fix it.

OP
OP

ybok

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
As it turns out the shop turned off my auto headlight and I didn't realize it. At night the dash was so bright I didn't realize that only the running lights were on. After I turned on the headlights everything was fine. Sorry for the bother.
Sponsored