dashboard color meaning

ROCKOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda Civic Sedan
I just want to make sure. the light on the dashboard means the ECO or Turbo kick in? I noticed sometime is green changes gray for some reason even though I am in a constant speed.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
p10 of the Owner's Manual:
Ambient Meter
â—Ź Changes color to reflect your driving
style.
Green: Fuel efficient driving
White green: Moderate acceleration/
deceleration
White: Aggressive acceleration/
deceleration​
â—Ź The ambient meter color changes in
accordance with your brake or
accelerator pedal operation.

OP
OP
ROCKOO

ROCKOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda Civic Sedan
Thank you for the info, are you using regular or premium gas?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
My EX has the 2.0L, so regular for me. I am going to fill up with non-ethanol next time and see how that affects the mpg.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
PS. you can turn that crap off in the settings if you just want to drive and not be nannied.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
The light show on the dash is tied to a vacuum source. It may also get a fueling input, put "MPG meters" are mostly based on engine vacuum. The wider open the throttle, the less vacuum in the engine. On a turbo car, you can also have "negative vacuum" (i.e. boost). Even if you have the cruise control set, the meter can change colors as the throttle opens and closes and the turbo spools to compensate for hills.

cesareahumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Can someone help me out I wanna change the color of the light from being white to red instead how would I do this?

cesareahumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Aww man the salesman told me you can change the color of the light. He probably didn't know enough about the car. Oh well not a big deal I guess I'll just leave it on. Thank you for that though

AndyHarrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Has anyone else had the following situation?

I now have 5000km on my 2016 Civic Touring. I have mostly driven in economy mode and all the time I have used that the ambient meter is always green, regardless of how fast I am accelerating. When enjoying driving more and not using economy mode the ambient meter obviously changes green/white depending on how I'm driving. But the last time I switched it back to economy, the meter is now turning white when accelerating hard. It seems to still be operating in economy mode as the power when accelerating is less than normal mode, so this does not seem to be an issue, I'm just wondering which is correct; should the meter always be green in eco or not?! I'm hoping this change in the way it works is not leading up to a problem with the car...............thanks for any input.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Has anyone else had the following situation?

I now have 5000km on my 2016 Civic Touring. I have mostly driven in economy mode and all the time I have used that the ambient meter is always green, regardless of how fast I am accelerating. When enjoying driving more and not using economy mode the ambient meter obviously changes green/white depending on how I'm driving. But the last time I switched it back to economy, the meter is now turning white when accelerating hard. It seems to still be operating in economy mode as the power when accelerating is less than normal mode, so this does not seem to be an issue, I'm just wondering which is correct; should the meter always be green in eco or not?! I'm hoping this change in the way it works is not leading up to a problem with the car...............thanks for any input.
The green/white light is not an indication of anything objective.
As stated above, it's tied to your engine vacuum and is merely a guesstimate and a visual indication to the driver.

The car's ECU will adjust to your driving habits, trip distances, etc., and that's probably why it's different now.

There's nothing wrong with your car, and do not let the green/white light be your source for troubleshooting lol.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda wish it had a 3rd color-red.

fasto82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 civic lx coupe, 2006 civic lx sedan, soon to be 2016 civic EX-T sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone noticed a yellowish orange color show up to the right of the fuel guage? not sure if its a reflection or if its trying to communicate with me. Any ideas?
Sponsored