Dash material defect or expected wear damage?

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I noticed after having my 2018 Si for about two weeks a strange spot on the dash. It looked like some white powder or something got onto it.

I attempted to clean it off with a dry microfiber cloth to no avail. I even tried rubbing it with my finger and it was untouched.

After a couple more weeks, I'm having more spots like it pop up on the dash. I don't put anything on my dash except a small paper parking pass, so I don't know how it could be getting more spots/more damage.

Is this an expected way for the dash material to wear? Has anyone figured out a good detailing product to apply to the dash to protect it? Or is it possible I have a material defect in the coating of my dash?

It almost looks like if I took something abrasive to the dash.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash material defect or expected wear damage? 20181112_110256
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have had the same kind of issue with both my civics. It also apears on the glove box. Just out of nowhere these white marks seem to appear.
Mostly ,they come off when I use armor all interior cleaner, which leaves a matte finish, but once on the last civic, a large spot appeared that wouldn't go away.

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I had that happen to my dash too but mine had bigger white spots. I took my Si to the dealership and they replaced the entire dash.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a bigger spot right on my drivers door under the window, I’ve been able to get it out with some detailed and. Vigorous scrubbing with a soft microfiber but it always comes back...I’ve pretty much given up on it

OP
OP

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
It's definitely not dust stuck to the dash. After I saw a photo of someone damaging their dash, its pretty apparent that the soft touch coating wears with this appearance. I guess I'll have to try some interior detailing products to see if they cover it up.

If it keeps getting worse and worse, I'll have to go to the dealer and see if they will replace it under warranty.
Sponsored