Dash Flaking. Anybody seen this? Pic

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
Well, alls well that ends well...you are getting a new dash...covered by Honda,,,

Sometimes strange stuff happens...at least it is being fixed
Sponsored

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
They tell me it’s the entire dash that has to be replaced. Not just the cap He said they have to take pictures nd send them to Honda for approval.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
never use anything but a duster and vacuum on my interior and the occasional water soaked paper towel if needed.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They tell me it’s the entire dash that has to be replaced. Not just the cap He said they have to take pictures nd send them to Honda for approval.
Did they end up replacing under warranty for you ? I just made a post similar to yours and OP with the weird white flaking on the dash.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did they end up replacing under warranty for you ? I just made a post similar to yours and OP with the weird white flaking on the dash.
No. They told me it was my fault that I had something on my hands and it reacted badly. Do you have this now?

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. They told me it was my fault that I had something on my hands and it reacted badly. Do you have this now?
Yup! Same issue. Kind of weird because I've heard of people successfully having the dash warrantied for the exact same problem. Were you able to get it to go away or minimize it?

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup! Same issue. Kind of weird because I've heard of people successfully having the dash warrantied for the exact same problem. Were you able to get it to go away or minimize it?
It doesn’t bother me so much anymore. I had it into a detailer and I guess he tried to clean it up several times. There’s still a slight sort of flat spot on the dash that looks different than the rest but I really can’t see it from where I drive. I also have no creeks or noises or rattles or anything else like that under the dash so I’m hesitant to have it replaced and end up with any noises.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How is your issue? Can you post a pic?

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s too bad. I see any of the pictures posted are of dashes that are way worse off than mine. That’s likely why they’ll do nothing for me.

Did they do a good job for you? Any complaints? New vibrations or noises?

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That’s too bad. I see any of the pictures posted are of dashes that are way worse off than mine. That’s likely why they’ll do nothing for me.

Did they do a good job for you? Any complaints? New vibrations or noises?
Have you tried on a different dealer?

The dealer that replaced mine did a good job and no rattles.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What dealer did you go to? Im from los angeles area. I notice my dashboard getting wrinkle on the bottom leather trim
I’m in Ontario Canada. No dealer you need to worry about.
Sponsored