Dash cams and installations

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I decided to go with the nanoq camera because of the low profile and exmor sensor. It has a sticky tape mount with a GPS receiver in the base, and now I'm just trying to decide where to stick it. Seems like the best spot would be to stick it on the plastic housing of the Sensing camera, because it would be protected from the heat of the sun and is also the most inconspicuous spot. Not sure if that's a good idea though, since it would probably leave marks if I ever had to remove it, or if there's an issue with the car camera and Honda gives me trouble for sticking stuff to that plastic housing. Also not sure how the GPS signal would be right there.
Alternately, I could stick it on the glass in front of the Sensing camera housing, or on the driver's side. Also don't know if the GPS signal can get through the perforated stuff on the
My Dashcam with GPS is in the third position of your pictures. It's a blackvue so form factor is a bit different but it works well, as does the car navigation. I noticed the plastic Sensing housing gets a bit warm, so keep that in mind.

Has anyone hardwired their dash cam to the fuse box? If you did where did you put the ground wire?
I hardwired mine.

I don't want to take apart my dash to take a picture, but if you remove the driver's side panel there's a section where the grey plastic fusebox assembly is connected to the metal frame of the car with a bolt going up. I removed the bolt, put an O-ring on the ground wire, and sandwiched it between the grey plastic and metal frame. Works fine.
Sponsored

grimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
Thinking of getting the blackvue 650gw 2ch w/ power magic pro, but it's pricey. Also need to see how I'd hide the cable going to the rear cam.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Thinking of getting the blackvue 650gw 2ch w/ power magic pro, but it's pricey. Also need to see how I'd hide the cable going to the rear cam.
That's the exact model I have - I bought the 550 but it had terrible night quality so paid a bit more for the 650. An investment, if you can afford.

The coaxial cable going to the back is very, very long. I went from front through the headliner on driver's side, around B pillar, through headliner on rear driver's side. The excess cord is stuffed into the relatively cavernous C pillar trim.

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
I wonder if i should invest in a dash cam with double camera system or not because of my back glass is tinted 20% Can anyone with 2 cameras with tinted windows can confirm that the tints will not interfere with the image from the camera? I have 2 dash cam models in mind, the Garmin dash cam 35 or the Blackvue 2-channel (DR750LW-2CH) If the tints do not interfere with the back camera ill get the Black Vue, if it interfere ill go with the Garmin 35

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I had 5% on my old car with blackvue 650. At night you couldn't see very much with the rear camera.

On my civic, I have 18%; rear camera works very good. I can upload a night time video later if you want to see one.

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
I had 5% on my old car with blackvue 650. At night you couldn't see very much with the rear camera.

On my civic, I have 18%; rear camera works very good. I can upload a night time video later if you want to see one.
Please that would be ideal it would help me take a clear decision. If it's not too much to ask can you upload a day and night video?

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
That's the exact model I have - I bought the 550 but it had terrible night quality so paid a bit more for the 650. An investment, if you can afford.

The coaxial cable going to the back is very, very long. I went from front through the headliner on driver's side, around B pillar, through headliner on rear driver's side. The excess cord is stuffed into the relatively cavernous C pillar trim.
it would be useful if you could show us how you installed your system... Tomorrow ill be buying the blackvue 750 with 2 cams, and i want a hardwire installation. I will also get the P.M.P power magic pro so it won't kill the battery when using parking mode recording.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Sample videos - all from a Blackvue DR650GW 2 Channel.
Rear windows at 20% tint.

Front - Day

Rear - Day

Front - Night

Rear - Night

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Sample videos - all from a Blackvue DR650GW 2 Channel.
Rear windows at 20% tint.

Front - Day

Rear - Day

Front - Night

Rear - Night
You are the man@ivn4zn thank you very much for taking the time to upload these videos!!

Furious85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I have the A118-C and it's a great dashcam. I haven't had any real problems with it and the mount is great.
Sponsored