Dash cams and installations

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Santa was good to me and delivered a DOD LS360W. Current price is Cdn$160 or US$116. Thought I would share a few pictures of the installed dash cam. Took me about 10 minutes. Tools required, two hands nothing else.

Asked Santa for a model that did not include GPS. Not interested in tracking how fast I might have been going. Non-GPS unit is also about $60 less expensive.

DOD (Taiwan) make great cameras. Lots of info on YouTube. One of the few manufactures that have an office in North America (Toronto).

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations dash cam 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations dash cam 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations dash cam 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations dash cam 4

Last edited:

gongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sierra, 2016 Civic LX, 2003 Volvo S60, 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan
Vehicle Showcase
I need to invest in one of these, one that can go from my dd to my work truck

gongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sierra, 2016 Civic LX, 2003 Volvo S60, 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you run the wire to plug it in? I see it tucked in, did you run it to the 12v under the console or hardwire it in?

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ran wire to the 12v under the console. Works perfectly powering up when the car is turned on and powering down when the car is shut off. Easily fed wiring along the windshield, down the passenger pillar a bit to the first trim brake. Then ran it inside the passenger door weather strip, back inside at the lower plastic trim brake, tucked up and along inside the passenger foot well and out to the 12v outlet. The wiring easily tucked behind all the plastic bits and rubber weatherstrip. Can't see the wire or any bulges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those interested here's a detailed review (23 minutes) on the DOD LS460W. This is identical to the LS360W I installed. It has the GPS unit at about $60 more. Not pushing DOD, just suggesting some cheap protection and a bit of fun. You never know what you'll see behind your wheel these days.

mcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura CSX, Honda Civic Touring
Hey man,

Nice Dashcam!! I got one bundled with a rear view camera but just need to figure out how to feed the wire from the back to front without exposing it.

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man,

Nice Dashcam!! I got one bundled with a rear view camera but just need to figure out how to feed the wire from the back to front without exposing it.
There are some good videos on YouTube. Seen it done going along the bottom (beteen the carpet and plastic trim. Two camera system is trickier but you do get full coverage.

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd live to see some video from your cam showing the output from where it is mounted on your windshield. Looks great.

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now have some daytime, night time and in the rain footage. All look great on the units display screen. Will transfer footage to the computer and figure out how to post. The camera location is great. From the outside you really have to get up close and look hard to see it. Well hidden in the cabin. Only problem I discovered after installation (my bad) was I partially blocked the mirror daylight sensor. On dull days it darkens the mirror thinking its nighttime. Its OK on a sunny day. Doesn't bother me at all. Well worth a very descrete cam location.

Last edited:

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds great. This is exactly the same model I have been looking at.
The sample clips in the video above will be exactly like the LS360W. Same everything except the LS460W has the GPS module. You can add the GPS to the LS360W later if you choose.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Ran wire to the 12v under the console. Works perfectly powering up when the car is turned on and powering down when the car is shut off. Easily fed wiring along the windshield, down the passenger pillar a bit to the first trim brake. Then ran it inside the passenger door weather strip, back inside at the lower plastic trim brake, tucked up and along inside the passenger foot well and out to the 12v outlet. The wiring easily tucked behind all the plastic bits and rubber weatherstrip. Can't see the wire or any bulges.
Any chance you can make a video of this? Or even some more photos?

I did some searches on youtube for 2016 Civic and I couldn't find anything.

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Attaching a video for a single camera and a two channel system.

My installation of a single camera was very easy. The 2016 Civic seems to be designed for an easy professional looking installation with no tools. The 12V outlet is in a perfect out of the way place under the console. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My sister-in-law was admiring our Civic Christmas day and was curious about the dash cam Santa had brought me. Yesterday she had a city bus scrape the side of her Tucson while she was stopped ar a red light. It was a long articulated bus that made the turn too wide. She got the bus number as it drove away and went to the accident reporting centre. Now she has to deal with whatever crap comes of this.

Her birthday is in a few weeks. Hubby has been told she would like a dash cam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd live to see some video from your cam showing the output from where it is mounted on your windshield. Looks great.
Sorry for the delay, just now getting a bit of time to play with it. I am trying to post 2 videos with each being about 3 minutes. That is the loop time I have my dash cam set at. First try at this so please bear with me. Not sure how big these files are. Examples are night time around town and one daytime backroad. If this works and you would like other examples just ask.

**** notice the Police (lights off !!!) keeping an eye my shiny new 2016 Civic in the night footage.

Having a problem. File sizes are around 400 MB and our forum doesn't like them. File format is .mov

Trying to post a YouTube video but it has been so long that I think account and settings are dead. This old dog has to re-learn new tricks.

Edit:
Had to relearn how to publish to youtube. Think I got it!! Took awhile. I'll do the other shortly.

Sponsored

Last edited: