First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8 Type R, Volvo V40 D4 R Design, Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Country flag
Afternoon all,

Just thought i would finally introduce myself as ive been lurking on here for a few months now.

After initially not being sold on the FK8 when i first saw the press photos i really fell in love with it when I saw the pictures Kamispeed posted up of a Black FK8 wearing some rather lovely wedssport wheels, at this point i was sold.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dan's CBP FK8 CTR Track Build - UK IMG_3122.JPG

Then the hunt began for a CBP type r, this proved a lot harder than I had initially anticipated, with the market being flooded with red and white ones i was starting to think i wasn't going to be able to find the right black one within my budget. The one Wednesday afternoon whilst at work my phone pinged *Autotrader - New Vehicle listed matching your criteria* after already broadening my search to include all colours I thought it was going to be another notification for another red one listed for sale. But to my surprise it was 99% exactly what I was after with the only exception being it was a 4 hour round trip away, a little more mile’s than I initially wanted (14k, I wanted sub 10k) but it’s a weekend / track car and was a little under my budget so I wasn’t to fussed, as another bonus it was from a Honda main dealer.

Fast forward 10 days and here’s a picture of me picking it up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dan's CBP FK8 CTR Track Build - UK 2ea33c92-1527-410d-9ebe-fc66ff7637b6.JPG

Plans moving forward are to mildly modify it making it more capable on track but keeping the on road compliance so I can still use it as a weekend / family car as well.

I currently have a few bits in the garage waiting to be fitted ahead of my first track outing on the 15th April.

Wedssport RN05-M 18x9.5 ET36 Wheels
Yokohama AD08R 255/35/18 Tyres
Monster lug nuts and lockers
Swift Spec R Springs
Hardrace rear camber arms
Performance Friction PF08 front pads
Castrol SRF brake fluid
Mishimoto Intake kit
Spoon Duracon gearknob

Future plans include:
Eibach or Whiteline anti roll bars – still undecided which ones to go for
Oil Cooler – Probably greddy or may make a custom one
Exhaust – Either HKS Legamax or Remark Spec I
Intercooler – HKS
2 Piece front discs – Girodisc or the new project MU ones

Just for the fun of it heres a few of my old track cars ive built over the years

Honda Civic Type R EP3
Honda Civic 10th gen Dan's CBP FK8 CTR Track Build - UK IMG_0021.JPG

Honda Civic Type R FN2
Honda Civic 10th gen Dan's CBP FK8 CTR Track Build - UK BPGTBH16101801Morning_-172_original.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Dan's CBP FK8 CTR Track Build - UK IMG_4483.JPG

Renault Clio 172
Honda Civic 10th gen Dan's CBP FK8 CTR Track Build - UK IMG_3071.PNG

BMW E92 M3 DCT
Honda Civic 10th gen Dan's CBP FK8 CTR Track Build - UK IMG_9875.JPG

Instagram - R5_DPX

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase and the "right" color choice. I hope the FK8 delivers at least as much as your previous cars. So jealous that you Brits have had access to the previous Type Rs.

OP
OP
FK8_Dan

FK8_Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8 Type R, Volvo V40 D4 R Design, Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase and the "right" color choice. I hope the FK8 delivers at least as much as your previous cars. So jealous that you Brits have had access to the previous Type Rs.
Thanks, i think its the right colour too just a bit of a pickle to keep clean. So far on the road it definitely out performs my older civics. The big test will be on the 15th April its first track day. I've never really understood why you don't have access to the previous models and why the FK8's have so many differences as well.
Sponsored