Damaged bumper - help!

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Don't ask me how this happened...I mean it was like 5 months ago and I was just a young lad at the time and was wild and young and reckless.....
Anyways, I hit the front of my bumper as you can see in the photo. This is probably the wrong place to post but...any help on a DIY fix? Will heat + sand + paint/clear coat work?
Honda Civic 10th gen Damaged bumper - help! 20181015_224858

It is the same on both sides.
Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
People on phones get what they deserve. Just suck it up and go to a body shop.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
People on phones get what they deserve. Just suck it up and go to a body shop.
I was expecting that...
Long story short, I wasn't really on my phone, and it was in the middle of a deserted parking lot.
I need a rational answer not a "hold my hand" one!

Last edited:

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Don't ask me how this happened...*ahem*distracted on my phone*cough,* - I mean it was like 5 months ago and I was just a young lad at the time and was wild and young and reckless.....
Anyways, I hit the front of my bumper as you can see in the photo. This is probably the wrong place to post but...any help on a DIY fix? Will heat + sand + paint/clear coat work?
View attachment 119417
It is the same on both sides.
Any help is appreciated!
This is so minor dude, just forget about and drive on.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is so minor dude, just forget about and drive on.
From the photo yes, but in person it is much more visible. Like you can see it from a mile away in daylight.
Anyone?

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
From the photo yes, but in person it is much more visible. Like you can see it a mile away.
Anyone?
ok. well, if you ask on how it can be repaired - then the answer would be you need to take it to body shop. it will cost you around 500-800$. I've been hit from behind earlier this year and had some minor cracking on the bumper. At fault insurance paid for it so I got it fixed - 800+$ for bumper removal, sand down, respray. Do you really want to spend 800$?

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ok. well, if you ask on how it can be repaired - then the answer would be you need to take it to body shop. it will cost you around 500-800$. I've been hit from behind earlier this year and had some minor cracking on the bumper. At fault insurance paid for it so I got it fixed - 800+$ for bumper removal, sand down, respray. Do you really want to spend 800$?
Did you not read the original question? I'm not looking at paying a thousand bucks for a dam bumper that doesn't even cost that much to replace! Hence DIY, do-it-yourself. This is not a hard fix, I'm just looking for some feedback from people who encountered similar issues and not pay a $500 deductible.
:banghead:

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest any diy is probably going to make it worse, you say the bumper dosent cost that much to replace maybe replacement is the best option...you said it was 5 months ago, is it really bothering you that much?

Edit: I see you removed the part about being on your phone when this happened, hopefully you atleast learned your lesson...no text is more important then anyone on the roads life

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be honest any diy is probably going to make it worse, you say the bumper dosent cost that much to replace maybe replacement is the best option...you said it was 5 months ago, is it really bothering you that much?

Edit: I see you removed the part about being on your phone when this happened, hopefully you atleast learned your lesson...no text is more important then anyone on the roads life
It was not on the road...look at above posts. It was only a dam joke! I swear! Don't act like you guys dont text and drive you angels...
I was unaware of the unusually high curb in the front of the parking space.
Seriously, tell me you never picked your phone up while driving. If you say no, your obviously lying.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Try heating it with a hair dryer and try straightening it by hand......with gloves.
Keep the hair dryer moving so you don't heat it up too much.

Do you guys REALLY think he needs a lecture about the phone thing, sheeesh!

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try heating it with a hair dryer and try straightening it by hand......with gloves.
Keep the hair dryer moving so you don't heat it up too much.

Do you guys REALLY think he needs a lecture about the phone thing, sheeesh!
Finally, someone who has some sense...

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me know if the hair dryer works for you....also had a friend that poured a pot of boiling hot water on a rubber bumper and worked FAST to straighten it out.....I think there's videos on "YOUTUBE" showing the technique.
Sponsored

Reactions: Gtb