Damage to Splash Guard/Skid Plate? Need urgent replacement?

izjamest

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018
Country flag
Hi guys, long time lurker, finally have a real question that I could not glean from other posts. Have a Honda 2018 Civic Ex-T.

Torrential rain today, hit a large hidden pothole on these amazing roads of Houston, I damaged what I think is the splash guard? Seems abit back from the engine bay so I doubt it's the skid plate.

Do you guys know the urgency of getting this replaced, if at all? I am currently strapped for time (and money) and would like to put it off until service due in a month. Also how much do you think it will set me back?

I attached an image I found on the net/this forum to indicate where the damage was. (see red circle with yellow arrow). It's just the black plastic that got ripped off and was dragging on the road for a while. Part of it is gone I assume fell on the road somewhere.

Thank you so much for your help!

Honda Civic 10th gen Damage to Splash Guard/Skid Plate? Need urgent replacement? 20180508_095459
Sponsored

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
No rush you'll be fine just for aerodynamics. Might lose a little mpg 1-2 cause of aerodynamics but you'll be good.

OP
OP

izjamest

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018
Country flag
No rush you'll be fine just for aerodynamics. Might lose a little mpg 1-2 cause of aerodynamics but you'll be good.
I agree, and for less noise ?

I'll go to see car scrap yard
My biggest question is will it damage the underside of the car? I looked underneath via my iphone and a rod and it looks like solid metal underneath that has been foamed over. I'm more worried about if water splashes in there on occasion on a rainy day, is it dangerous at all and will cause more damage to the car??
Not to worried about MPG at this time.

Thank you all for the help!

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
My biggest question is will it damage the underside of the car? I looked underneath via my iphone and a rod and it looks like solid metal underneath that has been foamed over. I'm more worried about if water splashes in there on occasion on a rainy day, is it dangerous at all and will cause more damage to the car??
Not to worried about MPG at this time.

Thank you all for the help!
Take a picture

Slyster9

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 civic cvt lx
Country flag
Does anyone happen to know the part number for these?
I had an incident and the passenger side cover got loose and dragged.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag